Maintenance Mechanic JOPLIN, Missouri
Job Ref: 37429
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC OPENINGS CARTHAGE MISSOURI
PLANT IN JOPLIN MISSOURI NEEDS BASIC MANUFACTURING MECHANICS OUT OF FOOD.
SHIFT INFO: 3RD SHIFT 6PM-6AM EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OFF 4,3 SCHEDULE
LOCATION JOPLIN MISSOURI
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic I
Individual will have good working knowledge of operation/maintenance of shop equipment. Will apply mechanical ability in all aspects of job while performing daily routine activities.
- Perform proper preventive maintenance techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is ready for production start-up.
- Responsible for repairs on worn out or damaged equipment.
- Perform needed equipment modification and fabrication.
- Assist production, sanitation, and other support groups when needed.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Sanitation Practices (GSP).
- Follow all safety rules and practices.
- Perform work techniques, speeds, and efficiencies at company standards.
- Works with and understands the MP2 system program.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Develop and implement innovations to improve efficiency, safety, up-time and reduce maintenance costs.
- Will lubricate equipment with thorough understanding of requirements for a variety of devices and applications.
- Perform basic welding and cutting of metals both ferrous and non-ferrous.
- Perform all other work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS :To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six months or more manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to read and comprehends basic blue-prints and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to read and understands test meters.
- Must possess basic understanding of maintenance and installation of facility plumbing system, boilers, air compressors and hydraulic system.
- Basic knowledge of basic math skills is required
- Ability to read, writes and communicate effectively .
Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts