CMM Lathe Programmer Fremont, California
Job Ref: 37426
CMM LATHE PROGRAMMER IN FREMONT SALARY RANGE IS 85-105K MUST HAVE LATHE PROGRAMMING EXPEREINCE FULL RELO IS AVAILABLE
Oversee the development of CNC programs for semiconductor parts manufactured on various Lathe machines.
Manage the use and control of lathe programs and setup books according to FMI procedures and instructions. Work collaboratively with the Lathe programming teams to proliferate the use of the latest CAM, CNC and tooling technologies to improve machining efficiencies.
• Analyze drawings, part specifications, tolerances and design data to generate complex CNC programs.
• Review and collaborate in the development of detailed manufacturing processes for machined parts
• Plan and document fixtures with complete set up and machining instructions for repetitive part manufacturing
• Prepare detailed setup instructions for each lathe operation following FMI ISO work instructions.
• Generate machine programs and manage encoding for special processes.
• Confer with set-up personnel and operators to oversee part set up and program prove-out in order to obtain first article approval
• Revise programs to improve processes, instructions and eliminate errors or omissions on first run jobs
• Manage the control of programs and instructions per FMI ISO instructions and POR protocols
• Oversee and review programs and set-ups to assure maximum efficiency in production
• Keep up with new technologies and assist in implementing improvements
• Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices
• Perform additional related duties as assigned
RECOMMENDED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
• GD&T certification
• 6 sigma Green belt
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 5-7 years of experience programming semiconductor type parts
• Certifications and or Bachelor’s degree in Machine Tool Technologies or Equivalent combination of education and experience
• High level proficiency with Mastercam programming software and experience writing complex CNC programs that incorporate latest machining techniques
• Must be well organized and able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
• Ability to apply concepts of algebra, geometry and trigonometry
• Ability to define problems, collect and organize data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents
• Computer literacy including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, & CAD / CAM software
• Organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Ability to organize and manage complex projects
• Ability to create and present presentations to large groups of people
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WHILE PERFORMING THE JOB:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
• The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle objects
• The employee is occasionally required to lift and move objects up to 15 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
WORKING ENVIRONMENT OF THE JOB:
• The physical environment requires the employee to work in a normal office setting with occasional visits to the manufacturing floor
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
• The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderate
• The employee will occasionally be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials commonly used in a manufacturing environment