Power Generator Engineer City of Industry, California
Job Ref: 37405
Need a Power Engineer experienced with power generators – go into project and assist the customer, get the blueprint – for example a 500 bed hospital, with new or old construction, goes hand in hand with construction, help customers provide support, work with and assist with the sale, consult on what type of generator the customer needs, a college degree such as a Mechanical Engineering degree or similar discipline is preferred.
Power Generator Engineer
City: City of Industry, California
Vacancy reason: New job
Perks: cell reimbursement, mile reimbursement, complete benefits, 1st of the month after 30 days worked
Travel: it varies, primary reason for travel is customer visits less 20% of the time
No direct reports
Salary: $75K – $115K (not a bonus eligible position)
Must have project management experience and experience assisting sales team closing sales contracts. This position will prepare budget profits and travel to customer sites.
Reports into Power Operations Manager
About the Job:
The Power Systems Project Engineer III will be responsible for the successful project management and engineering completion of the Sales department customer purchase order contracts. Of particular interest is the areas of maintaining approved expense and profit budgets, and ensuring project schedules are maintained successfully. Must be flexible and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks successfully.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets
- Create project specific engineering submittals and drawings
- Review and understand Sales department worksheets and project requirements
- Coordinate, or execute, the purchase of project specific equipment
- Coordinate with other company departments as necessary for successful project completion
- Communicate with Factory and outside vendor personnel on technical issues
- Delegation and hiring of company Service Dept. or third party vendors for installation, modification, and fabrication requirements
- Timely completion of project closeout documentation
- Provide pre-sale technical support to the sales department
- Utilize company project management system on all projects
- Some fieldwork, as required, for specific project requirements
- Develop and maintain good relationships with customers and suppliers
- Respect and follow company policies as defined in the employee handbook
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Follow all safety training and safety requirements including proper use of PPE
- A fit with company’s performance driven culture and values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Quality, Relationships and Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. College degree, engineering background or previous engineering experience will be preferable. Technical knowledge of engines, generator sets, automatic transfer switches, fuel tanks and ancillary systems, power circuits, and electronics required. 5 – 7 plus years of experience in the field required.