MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Fremont, California
Job Ref: 37403
1st Shift: 5am-3:30pm 4-10hr day schedule M-TH or Tues-Friday
21-27HR DIRECT HIRE FREMONT CA
BOILER Experience would be great!!!
Facility Maintenance type experience is great/HVAC
Some flexibilty in pay for the right candidate
JOB DESCRIPTION: Industrial Mechanic I/II
Company has an immediate employment opportunity for a qualified
Mechanic I/II. Under general supervision, major duties will be the repair and
maintenance of boilers and auxiliary equipment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities (may include but not limited to the following):
• Performs proficiently the duties of Mechanic I.
• Inspect all rental fleet and used equipment as equipment arrives on site for
damage, missing items, and completeness. Inspect equipment prior to leaving
site to ensure all equipment meets the requirements of the Equipment
Movement Notice. Inspect equipment upon leaving site to ensure all equipment
has been secured properly, drained to prevent freeze damage, and will not be
subject to transportation damage.
• Inspects and identifies repairs and/or maintenance work on boiler and auxiliary
• Disassembles and reassembles equipment to perform maintenance and/or
• Performs repairs to equipment components.
• Performs layout and fitting threaded and welded pipe systems.
• Fabricates and welds brackets, supports, steel structures, etc.
• Able to bend tubing and pipe both large and small diameter.
• Recommends purchase of materials needed to perform job.
• Willingness to assist managers in resolving unexpected job related problems.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent; 2 to 4 years previous experience in pipefitting, welding, or boiler maintenance and repair.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Working knowledge of valves and pumps, pipe-fitting, blueprint reading and
fabrication with various materials.
• General knowledge of safety practices and procedures. Skill in using power
tools, forklift, over-head crane.
• Ability to operate all shop power equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
This position reports to Senior Mechanics and/or the Shop Superintendent.
General shop hours are from 6am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday. Must be
flexible to work weekends as needed.