Maintenance Mechanic Riverside, California
Job Ref: 37395
from the client:
We urgently need Maintenance staff, electrician mechanics
MUST HAVE PACKAGING OR FOOD AND PLC SKILLS.
2nd SHIFT: 2PM-10:30PM plus a Weekend (will work 6 days) 4 weekday and 2 weekend or 5 weekday and 1 weekend
3rd SHIFT: 10PM-6:30AM
Job Description: Maintenance Technician
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, complete changeovers and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Ensure production equipment in assigned departments is performing to standard expectations and maximizes up-time.
• Provide guidance to packers in assigned work area with the goal of hitting production efficiencies while maintaining quality standards.
• Ability to perform changeover product types on various equipment from good part to good part.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Occasionally may need to perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Minimum of 2 years maintenance or operator experience in a manufacturing environment
• Mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Prefer vocational training or a degree in a technical field
Communication proficiency, critical thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, able to effectively operate in a fast-paced complex environment, mechanical aptitude, general knowledge of electronics, results driven.
Additional Notes: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concern whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.