Manufacturing Manager Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Ref: 37380
Need a Manufacturing Mgr in Nevada, this isn't a sit at a desk job, MUST be hands on, troubleshoot the machines, deal with extrusion, panel lines, company makes sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. You'll manage up to 100 hourly associates (machine operators & unskilled mfg associates) and 3-4 Mfg Supervisors. 50/50 between working on the floor engaging with the team and working with the team and being at the desk, need flexibility, a lot of responsibility, may be on call at times (may need to support team), average 50 – 60 hours a week. May consider someone out of distribution with an engineering degree and 5 years of experience who has worked in a manufacturing environment in the past or a non degreed individual with 10 years experience. Need someone with more mechanical aptitude who can troubleshoot, willing to relocate someone – 5k relo package – received as a one time bonus on their second paycheck (paid 2 times a month on 15th and last business day of the month. Will take someone with 5 years experience and a degree or a non degreed manager with 10 years experience, must be able to diagnose machines, will take someone with past manufacturing environment experience.
This site has been up since 2017, they have a start up, get it done attitude here, there are a lot of internal promotions there, a lot of Supervisors were machine operators a year ago, there’s a collaborative environment there.
12% bonus target based on 50% on performance and 50% on company performance – they grow about 60% a year, eligible for benefits the 1st of the month following their start date. Tuition reimbursement, 401k match, net 3%, 50% up to 6%, med/dental/vision, HSA – $1200 contributed for a family in a year
Building is open 6 days a week, Monday through Friday work week. This is a replacement position.
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Supervisor's Title: Director of Operations
The Manufacturing Manager will assist and manage the team in the comprehensive day-to-day activities. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of 80-100 hourly associates and 3-6 Manufacturing Supervisors in the safety, productivity, and quality of a fast- paced manufacturing facility. The Manufacturing Manager collaborates closely with Maintenance, Kraft Loop, Quality, Warehouse, and the Director of Operations in all decision-making.
The ideal candidate:
- Detail-oriented, organized, thorough, and prompt.
- Has extensive manufacturing knowledge.
- Has familiarization with LEAN concepts.
- Is a self-starter
- Has strong coaching/mentoring skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages human and material resources to meet production targets.
- Ensures proper setup of production lines.
- Responsible for productivity expectations.
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Monitors headcounts for optimal production output to meet departmental targets and goals.
- Coordinates with maintenance for both planned and unplanned downtime events.
- Facilitates line audits in accordance to SOPs and directs training when needed.
- Manages the safety and cleanliness of the production area
- Delegates cleaning responsibilities to hourly associates through supervisors as per posted standard operating procedures.
- Ensures all workers within the area of responsibility are wearing required PPE and that audits are conducted throughout the shifts.
- Coaches to ensure safe behaviors of production workers.
- Responsible for the quality of manufactured products
- Monitors production lines to ensure products are produced to customer specifications.
- Coaches/mentors production workers on food safe production and adherence to GMP's.
- Coordinates with quality department to ensure that all products meet both company and ISO 9000 standards.
- Manages a salaried supervisor staff
- Coaches/mentors assigned supervisors in reaching departmental goals.
- Coaches/mentors supervisors in OSHA standards, management skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Preparation of semi-annual and annual evaluations for assigned supervisors.
- Other duties as necessitated by the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Background in process improvement, LEAN, and new line implementation
- Proven record in training employees with regards to safety and production.
- Ability to coach and motivate employees
- Working understanding of process flow and integrated operations
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma or college degree
- College degree preferred
- 5 years of related experience preferred
- Be on your feet for 8-12 hours
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to reach, bend, kneel and climb while performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Able to correctly wear PPE for entire shifts
· Able to react and respond quickly to noises, smells, visual hazards, and alerts