HR Generalist Hammond, Indiana
Job Ref: 37349
Job Description: HR Generalist OPENING HAMMOND INDIANA MANUFACTURING PLANT MUST HAVE MANUFACTURING EXP AS A HR GENERALIST
- HR Generalist – $60,000 – $65,000/annually
- Bonus eligible up to 7.5%
- Merit eligible up to 3.5%
- M-F 8a-4p
Summary of Primary Purpose
This role is responsible for administering various HR programs and functions; including, but not limited to: Payroll (hourly employees), Employee and Labor Relations, Benefits, Safety Awareness and Recognition, Recruitment, Employee Onboarding, Employee Opinion Surveys, Employee Recognition, and various other HR related functions.
Description of Major Responsibilities
• Responsible for reviewing employee timecards each week to ensure accuracy; works closely with Supervisors/Managers to correct any discrepancies.
• Ensure timely submission of hourly employees weekly payroll data to Corporate Payroll for processing.
• Responsible for maintaining employee data in the HRIS; ensure employee changes are input accurately and timely (i.e. leave of absence status, termination, etc.).
• Track and maintain employee data in various databases, such as the attendance tracking system and Time and Attendance.
• Run various systems reports for Supervisors and Managers, as needed.
• Submit employee disciplinary corrective actions to Supervisors/Managers in a timely manner.
• Provide counsel to HR Manager, Department Managers and Supervisors regarding application of the policies/procedures including: hiring, promotion, employee disciplinary actions and terminations. Ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of employees.
• Maintain attendance and progressive discipline databases.
• Coordinate and post weekly production schedules.
• Track and maintain hourly employee training system (i.e. training for progression and back ups).
• Responsible for maintaining internal job bid system for hourly job vacancies.
• Assist HR Manager with recruiting efforts for external hourly positions; conduct pre employment screenings, such as, reference checks, background screenings, schedule post offer physicals/drug screens, etc.
• Maintain open communication with local healthcare facility regarding employee screenings, status updates, etc.
• Facilitate New Hire Orientation, including, Federal/State/local compliance training, Safety Training, Company policies/procedures review, and Employee Benefits.
• Ensure all new hire paperwork is accurate, complete and filed in employee personnel file.
• Maintain employee I-9 forms binder.
• Responsible for creating/submitting monthly DMR and Union Dues Reports.
• Assist with the administration of various employee health & welfare programs, EAP, and retirement plans plant wide. Assist employees during the Benefits Annual Open Enrollment.
• Responsible for coordinating and scheduling various Employee Relations activities, such as, Holiday activities, employee drawings, monthly employee recognitions, quarterly service recognition luncheons, retirements, and etc.
• Coordinate and distribute Company Newsletter.
• Responsible for maintaining the employee security badge system.
• Maintain employee communication boards.
• Ensure effective open communication with all levels of the organization.
• Assist Supervisors/Manager with employee & labor relations functions.
• Responsible for various administrative/clerical functions; ensure all employee
files/paperwork are properly filed, stored, and maintained in employee personnel file.
• Distribute, track and maintain employee safety Shoe Vouchers, Safety Glasses Vouchers, and Safety Awards.
• Ensure monthly expenses are entered and processed in a timely manner.
• Accountable for process all applicable invoices/Accounts Payables, upon receipt; process on p-card or submit to Finance department for PO processing.
• Act as back-up to Customer Service/Distribution Coordinator, in their absence.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• HS Diploma or equivalent required
• Associate degree, BS degree or equivalent is desirable.
• PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
• At least 3 years HR experience required.
• Must possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-minded.
• Must have clear and effective communication skills, both verbally and written, with all levels
within the organization (internal and external).
• Must possess good interpersonal skills with all levels within the organization (internal and external).
• The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality on a consistent basis is required.
• Ability to convey a positive and professional image at all times to internal and external customers.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Must have good time-management skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to influence others.