Sr. Food Technologist Elk Grove,
Job Ref: 37335
Sr. Food Technologist
This position will be responsible for innovation, maintenance, and enhancement of existing products in the product category. This individual will interact directly with operations, finance, sales, and marketing regarding all aspects of the new product development. Extensive interfacing with manufacturing is required during the project implementation phase and when executing cost savings projects. Emphasis on the ability to operate independently and be highly adaptable to change.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Food Science, Cereal Science, or related discipline.
Strong bakery product development and formulation experience.
5-7 years of experience in fresh/frozen baked goods preferred.
Must have an advanced level of understanding of nutritional information and label declaration.
Must have an advanced level of understanding of regulatory compliance with governmental agencies.
Management/supervisory experience a plus.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. Must have the ability to manage new and multiple projects from conception to commercialization.
2. Adept at working independently and cross-functionally, managing multiple projects and short timelines, and working in fast-paced environment. Able to communicate and manage project needs cross-functionally.
3. Ability to multitask and work under pressure and time constrained situations and adapt to quickly changing priorities across multiple projects.
4. Strong organizational, communication and analytical Skills.
5. Ability to interact with all management levels.
6. Must have excellent time-management skills.
7. Strong attention to detail skills
8. Must have proficient math skills.
9. Must have proficient problem-solving skills.
10. Must have proficient training, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
11. Must be an excellent team player.
12. Must be self-motivated.
13. Must be computer literate – Word, Excel, Project, Genesis, etc. Must be able to learn and work with company ERP system.
14. Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
15. Must adhere to a drug and alcohol zero tolerance policy.
16. Strong follow-through, integrity, and sound judgment.
17. Flexibility to work off-shifts as needed including weekends for product runs/testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Fully responsible for the development and implementation of new products, both from customer and marketing requests using internal and external resources. This includes developing new project processes and parameters.
2. Fully responsible for the interpretation of customer product requirements.
3. Manage shelf-life testing process. Gather, validate, and manage data entry for each shelf-life test that is conducted by R&D. Share results with all involved in each project.
4. Manage/Oversee product testing, including the pre-batching of ingredients.
5. Manage the “Plant Test Form” for each test. Document and record results. Update database and maintain hard copies with accurate and current information.
6. Responsible for monitoring and validating the manufacturing process during plant tests.
7. Fully responsible for the complete analysis of Finished Products after plant test is completed while recording the information in the appropriate systems or files using scientific and food related knowledge.
8. Responsible for preparing products for sensory evaluations. Completing and updating records with pertinent information.
9. Understand and develop nutritional information and label declarations as well as regulatory compliance with governmental agencies by researching and confirming the information.
10. Responsible for identifying target product formulations, prototype development, on-site commercialization at the manufacturing site, and preparation of all technical documentation by direct interfacing with the sales and marketing team.
11. Provide technical services to customers in conjunction with Sales and Marketing using scientific and food related knowledge.
12. Develop an extensive understanding of existing production capabilities at selected sites.
13. Fully responsible for the execution of line extensions, cost optimization, and quality improvements.
14. Participate in New Concept Development programs.
15. Develop, complete, and update external customer specifications, new product information and internal specifications and technical data sheets.