Human Resources/Benefits Administrator Vernon, California
Job Ref: 37326
Job Position: Human Resources/Benefits Administrator
Human Resources/Benefits Administrator Job Duties:
- Manage full-cycle benefits administration: Medical, Dental, Vision and AFLAC Benefits options. Oversees administration of all employee benefits from start to finish, including enrollment processing, eligibility changes and coverage terminations in the HRIS system and communication with carriers.
- Work closely with insurance carriers and insurance broker to facilitate annual open enrollment, cancellation, and COBRA process.
- Prepare memos to ensure facility wide communication. Attend meetings and prepare meeting summary.
- Ensure other Legal responsibilities and Legal Postings Requirements in the workplace
- Coordinate Termination of Employment Procedures and conduct exit interviews
- Serve as a liaison between employees and brokers for plan vendors and third-party administrators
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Coordinate, track and monitor all Leave of Absences (FMLA/PDL/CFRC) to ensure legal compliance as well as assisting employees with returning to work process.
- Participate in the employee performance review and facilitate employee disciplinary procedures.
- Coordinate and help implement the mandatory supervisor training as well as employee training in various subjects such as: Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment Training, etc.
- Identify, report, and resolve workplace barriers to performance
- Coordinate daily benefits processing – handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Maintains employee confidence & protects operations by keeping HR information confidential
- Research & resolve problems, perform scheduled activities, and liaison with service providers
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Performs clerical duties, such as opening, sorting, and distributing mail, copying, scanning, filing, and shredding documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with HRIS and benefits databases
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA,
ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and
Social Security and DOL requirements.
- ADP WFN/ADI knowledge/experience preferred
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A minimum of two or more years of Benefits Administration experience required
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail and perform tasks accurately
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work well with all levels of management
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced work environment
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related fields
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location