Quality Engineer LIVERMORE, California
Job Ref: 37300
2 QUALITY ENGINEER II OPENINGS IN LIVERMORE CA OUT OF METALS OR MACHINE SHOPS OR AEROSPACE NO FOOD OR BAKERY OR BEVERAGE. THE SALARY RANGE IS $75K-$80K LIVERMORE CA
DESCRIPTION: Quality Engineer II
The will be responsible for driving the execution of quality goals and objectives. You will proactively drive actions to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality. You will work cross- functionally to identify causes of potential product/process failures and drive corrective and preventative actions internally and/or with suppliers and customers as needed. Using sound audit techniques and statistical tools, you will identify high leverage continuous improvement projects to elevate the company Quality delivery to our customers.
• Read and interpret product drawings in accordance with industry standards (e.g. ASME Y14.5-2009)
• Perform and assist other departments with Root Cause Analysis and 8D Corrective Actions.
• Prepare graphical analysis (e.g. histograms, paretos) in support of organizational KPIs.
• Prepare statistical analysis and Design of Experiments (DOE) plans in support of organizational continuous improvement activities.
• Design and execute MSA studies
• Perform Internal Process and Product Assessments
• Provide quality support to cross-functional New Product Introduction (NPI) team projects.
• Develop quality plans and other process controls to ensure processes, work in progress and finished goods meet the specified quality standards
• Facilitate cross-functional PFMEA teams
• Analyze product specifications and manufacturing processes/procedures to determine best practices to meet or exceed our quality and ISO standards
• Facilitate real-time SPC program through active process monitoring and out-of-control action plan (OCAP) execution
• Perform 6S assessments
• Facilitate business process re-engineering
• Create and maintain company quality documentation and ensure that the ISO quality system is effectively established, implemented and maintained
• Creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and OMSs
• Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices
• Understanding the importance of designing, building and operating safe systems. Basic knowledge and understanding of basic safety work processes such as JSA’s and MOC’s
RECOMMENDED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
• Audit certification desirable
• Green Belt certification required.
• ASQ certification preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Material Sciences
• 3-5 years’ Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing-related Industry, semiconductor equipment preferred
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Previous audit experience required.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to construct and present information to a wide range of audiences.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products as well as Visio is required.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge required including use of formulas (i.e. VLOOKUP /nested INDEX-MATCH) as well as PivotTables and Pivot Charts.
• Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis software (current version) experience preferred.