Electro Mechanic Valencia, California
Job Ref: 37292
ELECTRO MECHANICS OPENINGS IN VALENCIA CA WITH A LARGE CARBON FIBER MANUFACTURING COMPANY. PLC TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS ARE MADATORY. THEY CAN PAY UP TO 30 FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
2. 3:30PM- Midnight
$27/hr + – some flexibility
Location: Valencia, CA Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Summary: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Maintain industrial production equipment and machines in proper operation by troubleshooting and performing repairs in all aspects of maintenance related categories dealing with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical. Must be familiar with fabrication and welding and machining (lathes and mills).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Trouble shooting – Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Evaluate, service and repair industrial equipment (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic).
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices and equipment to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Must know basic electrical troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in equipment installation, pump repair/rebuild, fabrication, milling, machining, pipe fitting, welding (arc, tig, mig, plasma, acetylene), hydraulics.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Will be a participant in the Emergency Response Team
- Perform any other duties, as required by the department supervisor or manager, to support department, plant and company objectives and/or goals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization. – Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Manage Microsoft Office
- Maintenance Planning programs/SAP knowledge
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; two to four years related experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- ISO 9001 or IATF 16949 experience preferred.
- Experience with hydraulics, process improvements, (design, fabricate and install), milling, machining, pipe fitting and basic electrical.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift Operator License.
- Hazardous Material Handling.
- Welding Certification.
- Medically certified to wear a respirator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposure to high precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- While on duty, Protective Equipment provided for this position must be used.