Production Supervisor Oakland, Mississippi
Job Ref: 37281
TWO PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS IN OAKLAND MISSISSIPPI. PREFER CANDDIATES OUT OF FOOD BUT OPEN TO ALL MANUFACTURING BUT FOOD IS WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE OR BEVERAGE. RURAL AREA. SALARY RANGE IS 65-72K NEED ONE ON 1ST AND ONE ON 2ND SHIFT.
Responsible for supervising the day to day processing functions and activities required to maximize the use of people and raw materials to produce products and provide services that meet company, customer and government expectations. Champion Ajinomoto Foods North America mission and values.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to company and customer expectations
- Complete and maintain necessary daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings
- Continually assess maintenance effectiveness and work with production and maintenance teams to identify opportunities for improvement, production optimization and maintenance planning.
- Communicate with other supervisors and managers, while ensuring a smooth and seamless shift handoff by sharing relevant information and activities that may have a direct effect on employee safety, product quality and productivity
- Conduct regular (daily, weekly) meetings with employees to communicate important information such as production changes, business news, order rates, safety programs and issues, overtime needs, etc., and listen to employee input on issues
- Continually move throughout the various work and production areas to offer support, gain input from lead personnel and employees and monitor production activities
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives, while achieving budgeted goals for efficiency on an on-going basis
- Establish a professional working relationship with the USDA
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to; new hire orientation and training, scheduling, performance evaluations, discipline, coaching, safety training and employee development, along with recommendations for hiring and terminations.
- Assure that associates have all the proper tools and equipment in proper working condition to perform their necessary job duties
- Facilitate and promote a team concept by working with associates as a team member through coaching, leading, listening, coordinating and supporting
- Conduct counseling sessions and issue disciplinary action as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk and taste or smell.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance in a manufacturing facility; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in the production area.
- Capable of 24-hour, 7-day a week, emergency work assignments
- Available to work off shift for approved time off coverage
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Solid decision-making skills
- Effective skills with Outlook, Excel and ability to learn other computer programs
- B.A. Degree
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing or consumer goods industry