Production Supervisor Pico Rivera, California
Job Ref: 37245
Directs and coordinates activities of production departments in processing materials or manufacturing products by performing the following duties personally or though subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures as directed by the Plant Manager or other company management regarding safety, operating methods, and behavior.
· Ensures that all supervised employees are operating within established company and governmental regulations.
· Review results by analyzing available information, compare them to company objectives and takes steps to Improve results.
· Trains new and existing employees on proper operation and safety procedures.
· Prepares work schedules as directed by Production Manager, and expedites workflow in conjunction with Production Manager, reviews amount of work to be done, estimates man-hours needed to complete work and ensures work is complete within the allotted time.
· Ensures proper plant cleanliness is maintained at all times.
· Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
· Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of products.
· Reviews production orders schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates to plan department operations.
· Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
· Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
· Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Production Manager for action.
· Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
· Follows up on all customer request and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied.
· Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy, and kindness.
· Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by the company.
· Accepts responsibility to THINK about how your actions and actions of your associate(s) effect the customers and the company.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
· Exemplify the Company core values of Partnership, Performance, Passion, and Initiative in all aspects of assigned duties.
· Other duties as assigned to reach Company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four (4) year College degree or equivalent. Experienced Supervisor in Manufacturing and Union environments. Experience and/or demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams. Demonstrated ability to ensure the safety of employees and products.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate with employees in Spanish is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percentage, basic statistics and to draw and interpret graphs.
Capability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Must taste, touch, and smell finished bakery products and related ingredients.
Paid time off