Senior Buyer Santa Fe Springs, California
Job Ref: 37244
Senior Buyer 70k – 75k plus 5% bonus
The Sr. Buyer position is a hands-on position responsible for coordinating purchasing, warehousing, and inventory activities in order to limit costs to the company and improve accuracy of tracking of materials. Examine existing procedures and opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product purchasing needs and standard. Candidate must demonstrate a strong caliber of working knowledge with Excel. In this role there is an expectation that he/she will be able to work with data efficiently to help in supporting department goals.
- Establish strategic partnerships and supplier relationship improvements: discover and pursue ways to reduce inventory, reduce material costs, reduce lead time, improve terms, supplier consolidation, and establish secondary suppliers etc.
- Search out and pursue new and better cost-effective ways to procure components of existing product lines.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to reduce waste and obsolescence.
- Develop procedures for coordination of purchasing with other departments, such as sales, quality, and finance.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved purchasing processes, such as maximizing truckloads to reduce freight per pound pricing.
- Design and implement business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Participate in the coordination of new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material and production flow.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assist in designing and implementing plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- At least 5 years in a progressive purchasing position
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite, a plus
- Complex Problem-Solving Analysis
- Excellent organization skills and high accuracy with use of data and data entry
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English, a plus
- Must be trained on:
- Company food safety procedures including prerequisite programs – see training requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.