Materials Manager Mt. Pleasant, Texas
Job Ref: 37243
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN MT PLEASENT, TEXAS IS LOOKING FOR A MATERIALS SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER TO OVERSEA THE WAREHOUSE MANAGERS, CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGERS, PURCHASING MANAGERS & BUYERS. STRONG SUPPLY CHAIN EXP AND STRONG LEADERSHIP SKILLS. THIS IS A NON UNION PLANT. SALARY RANGE IS 125-145K AND THERE IS FULL RELOCATION INVOVLED.
Job Description: Supply Chain Manager
Manages daily operations for the organization's supply chain functions. Oversees implementation of purchasing, customer service, warehousing, and inventory management. Administers policies and standards governing the movement of goods or supplies. Implements changes meant to improve efficiency and reduce costs associated with supply chain functions. Performs functions directed towards successfully and efficiently meeting manufacturing goals for customer orders, insuring product delivery is met at all times at the facility, and communicating appropriately with management and the sales force regarding appropriate changes and customer satisfaction.
• Ability to manage departments and employees to meet assigned workload and plant schedules in a fast-paced, high volume, high SKU operation.
• Manage inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods to minimize inventory levels, support efficient production, and achieve consistent excellent responsive customer service
• Actively oversee supplier and vendor management for MRP materials
• Effectively manage employee issues within Customer Service, Purchasing, Scheduling, and Warehouse
• Control expenses and oversee the use of resources – materials and labor
• Work together with the plant management team on internal and external audits to ensure compliance for NWF and to ensure a successful audit completion
• Assist in the planning, controlling, and directing of activities for the managed departments for the overall well-being of the plant and business
• Work closely with Management to achieve continuous improvements in each managed department
• Prepare, review and /or audit forms, records, and logs as needed. Maintain such as required
• Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
• BS Degree in Operations or Scientific Field Preferred or equivalent Education, Experience and Training.
• Food Manufacturing experience in a fast-paced, high volume, high SKU environment preferred
• 6-8 years of Operations management experience in manufacturing environment coupled with multi-functional responsibility for 3-4 years. (Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving, Customer Service)
• Ability to interface with multi levels within a Plant environment and manage multiple functions within the plant.
• Working knowledge of Inventories and computerized MRP systems.
• People skills to manage complex departments and get the work done on time using experience and competencies.
• Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, project management skills, and planning skills
• Ability to foster teamwork
• Strong Leadership and Interpersonal Skill
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office and AS400 systems preferred