Project Engineer Painesville, Ohio
Job Ref: 37215
THIS IS WORKING IN AN UNDERGROUND SALT MINE
MUST HAVE A MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE AND CAPITAL PROJECT EXPERIENCE
SALARY RANGE IS 100-105K
THEY WILL PAY FOR RELO AS WELL!!!
JOB SUMMARY PROJECT ENGINEER
A brief, specific statement of the purpose of the job and its major activities.
The Project Engineer will serve as technical expert for the site and will support, develop, and enhance surface and
underground mining operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A list of the principal functions of the job to include an action-oriented description of each activity along with the desired outcome against which some measurement of performance can be applied.
• Use engineering knowledge to problem solve specific day-to-day problems for all aspects of the operation.
Provide or source all necessary technical expertise to identify and resolve issues.
• Lead efforts to increase efficiency in the operation, at a fast pace
• Lead the assessment, repair, design, and development for site modifications and additions.
• Support the site as the expert in hoist and shaft operations and maintenance
• Perform surveying, mapping, field work, ventilation monitoring and control, and ground control monitoring and
• Coach other members of the Fairport team on engineering principals, designs, and best practices
• Oversee the construction, removal, and installation of modifications; evaluate progress and performance, take or recommend remedial actions.
• Lead site in efficient execution of activities and keeps all project records and accounting up to date
• Ensures that all mine drawings and technical drawings are properly maintained.
• Ensure all work meets compliance to existing permits, regulatory plans and programs, company policies and standards.
• Oversees capital and expense projects. Includes ideation, development, approval, implementation, and operational support after execution
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Specifies the general background required of a jobholder to be successful in the position by summarizing the qualifications and
educational background necessary for satisfactory performance of the job. The items listed here should include specific references to the number of years of work experience in the applicable field, level of education desired, professional certifications and/or association affiliations required, technical skills, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Three or more years of underground mining, mechanical or electrical experience
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple project assignments at once.
• Demonstrated success in leading and developing teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Supervisory experience in a mine environment, preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that a jobholder would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This job operates partially in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel: and reach with hands
• This job works in an underground mine where temperatures range from 78-100F. The relative humidity is high
in summer and low in winter.
• Work areas are generally dry.
• Lighting is provided in key areas; however. Most areas are illuminated only by a miner’s cap lamp and/or by equipment lighting.
• Floor heave is prevalent and may result in uneven floor conditions. Floors may also be polished by mobile equipment traffic resulting in slippery footing.
• As with all work underground, the position requires attention be paid to roof and rib conditions.