Supply Chain Purchasing Manager Chatsworth, California
Job Ref: 37164
SUPPLY CHAIN PURCHASING MANAGER OPENING CHATSWORTH CA AT A LARGE COSMETIC MANUFACTURING PLANT.
LOOKING FOR A SUPPLY CHAIN PURCHASING MANAGER OUT OF COSMETICS IS A MUST CANT COME FROM ANY OTHER INDUSTRY. MUST HAVES: SUPPLY CHAIN, PURCHASING AND PURCHASING OF RAW MATERIALS IS A MUST.
SALARY RANGE IS 115-125K WITH 12% BONUS
Job Description: Purchasing Manager
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
• Provides a safe working environment and ensures all Supply Chain personnel understand and adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, company safety rules, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) at all times.
• Promotes a safe working environment and adheres to Environmental Health and Safety procedures, company safety rules, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in line with the company’s objectives and policies at all times.
• Collaborates with inventory control and client services to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year.
• Manages all new raw material buys including inventory levels, establish initial cost, lead-times, MOQ and fob point with minimal supervision and assistance to support production requirements.
• Maintains a high-level awareness of all cost savings opportunities.
• Manages timelines necessary to meet Pilot and New product project deadlines.
• Establishes VMI, safety stock or forecasts for routinely used raw materials.
• Supervises the procurement of all replenishment buys on all raw materials.
• Integrates the process between R&D and the supply chain to request samples of interest.
• Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
• Reviews MRP data including actions message reports, planned order reports, planning date including standard costs for first time raw material purchases.
• Establish partnerships with new and existing, non-strategic suppliers to reduce material costs and inventory levels.
• Assist with the RFQ process by obtaining quotes from the supply chain in a quick timeframe to meet speed to market requirements.
• Attend the Pilot meetings and New Product meetings to insure clear communication on raw material delivery dates.
• Establish payment terms and negotiate contractual pricing when possible.
• Train and develop the raw material replenishment buyers so they can obtain JIT deliveries.
• Oversee raw material buyers workloads and redirect workloads as necessary.
• Oversee the Receiving hot list daily to insure quick resolution so that materials can be released to support production requirements. (Obtains documentation of CofA, MSDS’s and packing slips for raws when missing to insure a quick receiving turn-around.)
• Manage the process of reporting and expediting raws as necessary per the utility reports showing FG orders issued outside of CLT dates. Communicate with CSR’s and PM’s of material improvements.
• Provide forecast to corporate and directly to rm suppliers to ensure availability
• Communicate FM’s and allocated raw materials to corporate
• Ensure allocated materials are managed and allocations are received
• Communicate substitute raw materials with Formula Control and ensure availability
• Distribute Expiration Report for raw materials
• Share price increases with finance department
• Provide In Transit report monthly
• Report/manage liabilities as needed to reduce obsolete materials and reduce inventory levels.
• Approve Medius invoices
• Attend customer meetings as needed for high volume, high visibility launches, allocated materials, etc
• Assist in expediting difficult raws
• Provide past due receiving report as needed
• Temporarily manage QAD CLA implementation and ongoing QAD issues
• General housekeeping of QAD, i.e. duplicate, inactive raws, components
• Set up new raw materials in QAD and assign buyer
• Send 2 wk open order reports to high volume suppliers
• Advise changes to ETA’s based on supplier updates by using ETA update spreadsheet
• Update open po costs for all price changes
• New supplier set up
• Ensure customer directed prices are maintained and communicated
• Complete corporate required spreadsheets, forecasts, etc.
• Maintain lead time updates
• Communicate past due invoices/credit holds with A/P
• Supervises the workloads and performance of the buyers and ensures that the following Purchasing functions are done routinely and accurately
? Process Purchase Orders in an accurate and timely manner.
? Expedite and De-expedite Purchase orders as required by MRP
? Manage all aspects of direct and subcontracted Purchase orders with supplier base.
? Maintain current PO due dates.
? Resolve purchase order discrepancies and accounting variances.
? Resolve receiving issues and discrepancies for all related purchase orders
? Develop/seek cost savings opportunities for any/all items ordered.
? Input and maintain all planning data for MRP system such as lead times, MOQ’s or pack size changes.
? Process Non-Conforming material disposition with staff and supplier base as needed.
? Track and update all component cost changes based on resin changes, general increases, or contract negotiations.
? Participate in New Product Launch meetings, sales order reviews and purchasing meetings as required.
? Routinely update QAD lead-times, safety stock, MOQ’s and reorder points for all raws.
• Other duties may be assigned by Client Service & Supply Chain Logistics Director
• Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Capable of standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods.
• Occasionally walking between buildings.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Bachelor/Associate degree in relatable field
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a Supply Chain role in Consumer Products; preferably in cosmetics process manufacturing or an FDA regulated industry.
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a Supply Chain Management role in Consumer Products; preferably in cosmetics process manufacturing or an FDA regulated industry.
• Extensive experience and understanding in QAD/JDE/ORACLE/SAP or other comparable ERP/MRP systems.
• Required Advanced reporting, designing and data analytic skills. Strong math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Advance PC Knowledge i.e. MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required.
• Intermediate experience understanding and use of Excel i.e. pivot tables, v-lookups and uploading/downloading of data from other systems.
• 10 Key by touch and good typing skills.
• Demonstration of continual education. Attends seminars or reads training materials for continuing education and shows initiative in learning industry trends.
• Ability to lead, thinks strategically, set, and achieve objectives, and influence organizational change. Strong time-management, organizational, planning people and leadership skills.
• Constantly work to improve processes and consistently reviews all existing procedures for possible change, maintains and expands technical knowledge. Makes suggestions for improvements
• Strong English communications skills: speaking, reading, and writing. Ability to communicate clearly and thoroughly with Management and personnel and interpersonal relationships with employees at all levels.
• Willingness to participate in continuous process improvement, innovation, and elimination of Non-value-added tasks.
• Demonstration of a sense of urgency in achieving goals, contributing to business objectives, and responding to company needs.
• Teamwork: Build and sustain cooperative working relationships and has strong leadership skills and ability and support of and participation in teams, demonstrating willingness to contribute to the success of Team objectives.
• Motivating, recognizing, and encouraging achievements and contributions of people with diverse backgrounds.
• Good attendance record. Flexibility to work special schedules as required satisfying job requirements
• Self-Management and Good time-management skills displays initiative, effort excellent organizational and planning skills, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
• Achieving thoroughness and accuracy in completing multiple prioritized projects.
• Problem Solving: Identify options for solving a problem and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses.
• Process manufacturing environment
• Office environment
• Noise level is moderate.
• Lighting is low to moderate