EH&S Specialist Paramount, California
Job Ref: 37124
ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST OPENING IN PARAMOUNT CA WITH A LARGE METAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY. THIS IS A DAY SHIFT ROLE AND KEYS TO THIS ROLE ARE HAVING BOTH SAFETY AND ENVIROMENTAL EXP IS A HARD REQUIREMENT. PLEASE DONT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE BOTH SKILLS. THIS PAYS 50-69,000 SALARY ON DAY SHIFT DIRECT HIRE!!!
Under the direction of the EHS Director, the EHS SPECIALIST II will utilize best practices by applying principles and techniques to eliminate and minimize EHS risk through the effective implementation of Company policies pertaining to Environmental, Health and Safety.
Major Job Duties:
Key EHS SEPCIALIST Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the EHS Director, supports efforts to assure compliance with government agency requirements such as OSHA, DOT, EPA and other regulatory agencies
- Identifies and appraises conditions which could result in accidents and financial losses and evaluates potential extent of injuries resulting from accidents
- Support and administer accident-prevention and loss-control programs
- Assist Employee Health in a variety of functions such as dosimetry, audiometric testing, and training.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports such as AER, LACSD self-monitoring reports, HMBP, SB 14 Source Reduction Plan etc.
- Keep informed on current environmental, health and safety regulations and legislation and recommend policy changes.
- Conduct frequent EHS tours/audits of all plant areas and make recommendations for corrective actions for all environmental, safety and health problems noted
- Engage in incident investigations and compile and submit statistical reports and updates
- Interface with external regulatory agencies (SCAQMD, OSHA, LACSD, LA County Fire etc.) to assure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Interface with department managers/supervisors in reducing accidents, injuries and property damage at the plant as well as protecting the environment and assuring the plant maintains compliance with the various environmental permits and applicable regulations.
- Complete EHS projects
- Collecting & analyzing data to identify trends to recommend corrective actions
Additional responsibilities include:
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to comply with ITAR and EAR residency requirements
- Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency level computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations (OSHA, EPA, SCAQMD, LACSD, CARB, DTSC)
- Proven ability to train large multiple groups of employees
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency, preferred
- Minimum AA Degree required with 4+ years of related EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
ISO 14001+ 45001 preferred experience