MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Rancho Cucamonga, California
Job Ref: 37014
Job Description: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III
INJECTION BLOW MOLD EXPERIENCE PREFFERED OR PLASTICS
2nd Shift 3PM-11:30PM
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned)
• Keep Production, HVAC, facility equipment and infrastructure in good working order.
• Detect and correct errors before the machine, or the products it produces, are damaged.
• May be required to take the equipment apart to repair or replace the necessary parts.
• Expected to have electrical, electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics and computer programming to repair
• Once a repair is made, test the machine to ensure that it is running correctly and smoothly.
• Perform tear downs, rebuilds and preventive maintenance.
• Participate in development and training maintenance technician I employees.
• Work a flexible schedule, including overtime, as needed based on production demands
• Adhere to and communicate to others the Health, Safety and Quality policies, including use of PPE.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Completed certification in maintenance, mechanical, electrical, or other equipment related discipline.
• 5+ years related experience or training.
• Forklift Certification.
• Reliable self-starter with good attendance record.
• Computer user proficiency in basic computer use – able to quickly learn and efficiently use new systems
• Proficient in maintenance management system.
• Safely operate and use standard shop equipment.
• Experience leading continuous improvement, six sigma or lean manufacturing projects.
• Working knowledge in pneumatics, hydraulics and electronics and computer programming.
• Working knowledge of equipment and machinery calibration.
• Knowledge and or previous experience in blow molding, injection molding or extrusion molding.
• Experience with processing or troubleshooting of plastics manufacturing equipment.
• Experience with hands on work with pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics and computer programming.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Proficient in math skills (imperial & metric), as well as measurement and use of measurement tools.
• Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and work well with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, manage priorities and crises situations in a professional manner.
• Read blueprints, electrical, hydraulic and ladder logic and operational procedures.
• Ability to successfully lead and drive continuous improvement, six sigma or lean manufacturing projects.
• Strong problem-solving ability – can troubleshoot down to component level on a wide range of equipment and
• Ability to calibrate a wide range of equipment and machinery.
• Time-management – highly organized with ability to adapt to changing situations, manage priorities and crisis
• Work independently and in a team environment as well as take direction from others.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills- ability to work well with all levels in the
• Ability to develop and train Maintenance Technician I, II and Automation Technician.