Technical Support Engineer Anaheim, California
Job Ref: 36962
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
100-110K SALARY RANGE
STRONG PLC AND Modifies programming of PLCs and related equipment such as controllers and programmable controllers, VFD’s and other electrical / electronic control systems and equipment network systems. ELECTRICAL OR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE HERE REQUIRED
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
JOB DESCRIPTION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager, the Technical Support Engineer performs a variety of professional engineering and technical work related to all aspects of beverage manufacturing. This includes, but is not limited to the troubleshooting and repair of thermal process systems, valves, fillers, can seamers and other related work as required. Initially, work is clearly defined and performed under close review. As experience and proficiency are gained, assignments become more difficult and performed with greater independence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times
• Manages/support building and infrastructure construction, equipment and production line installations and/or modifications.
• Works with the plant on a daily basis resolving issues by providing technical support to the maintenance department to expedite repairs on challenging breakdowns or tasks.
• Supports and audits the scheduled repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations
• Frequent installation and troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems, level detectors, valves and other devices.
• Modifies programming of PLCs and related equipment such as controllers and programmable controllers, VFD’s and other electrical / electronic control systems and equipment network systems.
• Interprets company policies and enforces safety regulations
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders based on assigned duties
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the production lines.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
• Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
• Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with maintenance staff
• Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to discover improvement opportunities.
• Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of production lines and systems.
• Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers
• Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment
• Troubleshoot equipment and system malfunctions
• Ensure compliance with local, State and Federal agencies
o Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management
o Perform all other duties as assigned
o Regular and punctual attendance
• To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing engineering principles and practices with particular reference to manufacturing projects.
• Methods and materials used in the construction of equipment and facilities.
• Engineering mathematics through calculus.
• Basic surveying, drafting and materials testing techniques.
• Data processing principles as applied to the solution of engineering problems.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Very high degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude
• High degree of PLC programming and troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instruments and blue prints
• Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration and boiler systems
• Total Production Maintenance Programs
• Lean Six Sigma
• Interpreting and preparing drawings, maps, graphs, specifications and compilation of numerical data.
• Maintaining accurate records and preparing clear and concise reports.
• Preparing engineering studies and evaluations.
• Project management skills.
• Use of common office software including Microsoft Office and applicable specialized engineering software, e.g., AutoCad, Visio, Rockwell / Allen-Bradly programming software and others.
Providing outstanding customer satisfaction (internally and externally).
• Quickly learn the policies and procedures pertaining to the work.
• Manage multiple construction or plan checking projects.
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field, preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience
• Or, equivalent combination of education and experience
• Food and beverage manufacturing experience, a plus.
Language Skills: English, Spanish is helpful.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Amount of Travel Involved: Up to 30% or as required.
Physical Demands: Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must have sufficient mobility to inspect construction projects in the field.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee generally works 50% indoors and 50% outdoors. While performing the duties of this job outdoors, the employee occasionally works in varying weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but the employee may occasionally be exposed to high level noises including but not limited to manufacturing equipment.