Quality Assurance Supervisor Anaheim, California
Job Ref: 36960
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR OPENING ON 3RD SHIFT WITH A LARGE BEVERAGE MANUFACURING PLANT IN ANAHEIM CA.
SALARY RANGE 70-78K ANAHEIM CA
Shifts: graveyard shift
Location: Anaheim, CA
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service provided they are a direct hire and not from a staffing agency**
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Summary: This position is responsible for routine segments of the quality assurance functions either directly or through QA Technicians. Responsible for the training of techniques and procedures for inspecting and testing customers products and for the conducting of research on products defects in order to recommend modifications in products and/or quality standards on the basis of this research and of analysis of customer complaints. May also include responsibility for actual inspection and testing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Supervise the department for performing timely execution of product and packaging evaluations.
- Ensure that all the results of the inspections and analysis are accurate. Interpret any trends that may jeopardize product quality and safety.
- Ensure that departmental, company, customer and regulatory guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure that customer requirements for obtaining line analysis reports and line samples are met.
- Ensure that all products that are not meeting established specifications are held and segregated; sampled and appropriate documentation is generated.
- Communicate and coordinate with the manufacturing departments to ensure a concerted and proactive team effort is maintained.
- Supervise the training of QA Technicians and ensure that proper skill sets are developed and documented.
- Assure that equipment and reagents are being calibrated and labeled.
- Establish sampling plans in the various steps of the following processes (may be a routine requirement) if perceived to be necessary:
- Ingredient and packaging receiving.
- Blending and thermal processing if there is an indication that product quality or safety may be jeopardized.
- Finished goods to ensure quality parameters are met.
- Holds product for further analysis and disposition.
- Troubleshoot and identify causes of quality deviations and provide recommendations for corrective and preventative measures.
- Perform GMP, HACCP and Sanitation Inspections.
- Available 24 hours a day via cell phone.
- Meet with QA Technicians daily and attend pre-shift meetings.
- Meet with the QA Manager
- Monitor the Incoming Inspection Program. Provide assistance with the tagging of ingredients.
- Work with the QA Manager
sto understand product formulation and creating blend sheets for production.
- Trained on QA analysis, calibration, and quality checks; assists QA Technicians if needed.
- Investigate non-conforming product within 24 hours. Provide information to the QA Manager.
- Investigate customer complaints. Provide information to the QA Manager.
- Monitor all non-conforming products and work with the appropriate department(s) if rework is required.
- Inspect customer return shipments.
- Review all QA paperwork and charts daily. Follow up on any issues noted.
- Monitor QA retain and micro samples to ensure samples are saved and destroyed appropriately.
- Oversees the pH control program.
- Ensure QA supplies are in stock, chemicals are prepared and available.
- Ensure QA lab equipment is well maintained, operational and calibrated. Records are maintained.
- Audit the production areas to assure the customer’s requirements are being met.
- Ship customer samples as required.
- Oversees weekly verification/calibration of scales, thermometers, refractometers, pH meters, CO2 Analyzer, Double Seam Inspection System and other instruments in the lab that require verification/calibration.
- Observes and verifies QA technicians and blenders are performing analytical tests appropriately.
- Ensure the QA technicians and blenders are trained annually on analytical tests.
- Ensure forms, work instructions and procedures are accurate, current, and controlled.
- Perform GMP inspections.
- Enforce safety, GMP and Food Safety standards.
- Plan the weekly QA Technician’s schedule and assure Production has QA coverage.
- Monitor and review QA Technicians’ time punches and assign work hours to appropriate department/line codes weekly.
- Attend the staff meetings if the QA Manager is unable to attend.
- Attend the monthly safety meetings.
- Work with customer representatives showing new products and/or packaging.
- Ensure qualification and commission runs are followed per the customer’s specifications. Oversee commission inspections. Generate summary reports.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ISO, SPC, and Process Improvement concepts.
- Strong PC systems and software application skills (administer database, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with various deadlines.
- Highly motivated, energetic with strong interpersonal skills.
- Work with the HR Manager and the QA Manager on any QA Human Resources related issues.
- Understand FSSC 22000 and ISO9001:2008 standards.
- Above average math skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Must have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with some courses in food science, biology, microbiology, chemistry preferred.
- Education may be waived in lieu of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in quality assurance/control function or supervisory experience in a beverage manufacturing environment. Length of work experience may be waived for internal candidate with quality assurance/control knowledge and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in pasteurization/thermal process systems, HACCP programs and GMP policies.
- Mathematical skills, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, averages and ratios.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must possess sound verbal and written communication techniques, and interpersonal leadership skills.
Language Skills: English proficiency required. Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes.