Maintenance Supervisor Orange, California
Job Ref: 36955
A. BASIC FUNCTION:
Primarily responsible for leading and providing a sense of direction for the Maintenance Department through functional expertise and administration of those responsibilities. Responsible for generating work orders and schedules service and repair of plant equipment and building facilities; assigns, performs and checks maintenance and fabrication work; and does related work as assigned. Assure all work is performed in accordance with all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures and meets or exceeds Quality Systems Regulation (QSR).
B. PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Follow all applicable safety/housekeeping guidelines.
• Read and follow all Standard Operating Procedures and work orders to meet or exceed the Quality Systems Regulation (QSR).
• Establishes, updates and implements Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules for all equipment.
• Generate, schedule and delegates Corrective Maintenance Work Orders to maintenance personnel. Ensures Work Orders are completed in a timely manner.
• Assists engineers with special projects; works from blueprints or schematics to build prototypes or modify equipment.
• Order parts and supplies as needed. Monitors and maintains spare parts inventory.
• Coordinates tasks and complete orders in conjunction with other leads and supervisors.
• Trouble-shoots and corrects electrical and mechanical problems.
• Teach and practice routine problem solving skills.
• Responsible for finding and initiating opportunities for improvement and lean activities.
• Participates in company meetings and conduct routine departmental meetings as needed.
• Responsible for counseling associates and coordinating disciplinary action with HR as needed.
• Assist in the development and growth of the associates and assist in the hiring and training of new hires or transfers.
• Responsible for evaluating maintenance personnel and conducting performance reviews.
• Monitor attendance and attendance records.
• May work on special projects/assignments upon request.
C. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this task successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma and a four year college degree or high school diploma and 10 years related experience. Strong experience and proven ability in management/supervisory skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend (in English) simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Documents may include: Safety Data Sheets, work orders, work instructions, manuals, policies and procedures, etc. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to
perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Must have a positive customer service attitude. Must be able to multi task.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to solve problems in a practical manner.
D. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises all the associates in the maintenance department on assigned shift.
E. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, squat, crawl, lay, stand, walk, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms, ability to climb to elevated areas as needed.. The Associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Associate must frequently lift/carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
F. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Lead essential job duties must be performed at the work site.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria.