Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Portland, Oregon
Job Ref: 36949
FULL RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
AMMONIA REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN OPENING IN PORTLAND. 2ND SHIFT OPENING START TIME IS 2:30PM-11:30PM PAY RANGE IS $35-$45/hr WITH A $.50 CENT SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
Job Description: Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Company is looking for a second shift Ammonia Refrigeration Technician to join its rapidly expanding maintenance team in the Portland area. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor, the Ammonia Technician monitors and operates the following facility systems: refrigeration system, waste water system, steam system, low pressure hot water system, compressed air system, high pressure hot water system and ventilation system. The technician performs PMs, maintains all assigned equipment and systems and ensures all systems are performing in a safe and functional manner at all times. The technicians will need to record system readings by documenting the operation of the equipment.
Shifts could be Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday from 2:30pm – 11:30pm
BENEFITS: If hired you will be an integral part of a team with a rich and diverse culture that learns, grows, and succeeds together. You will also have access to some amazing benefits such as:
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance on DAY ONE
• Company paid STD, LTD, and Life Insurance on DAY ONE
• 80 hours of vacation and 40 hours of sick time per fiscal year
• 401(k) Retirement Savings plan that includes company’s matching contributions up to 4.5%
• Wellness reimbursement towards gym membership and/or exercise equipment
• Referral bonuses totaling $400 when an employee refers someone to work with our company
• Quarterly sales of product to employees
• Repairs and maintains all assigned systems/equipment throughout the plant and making sure they operate according to the required standards.
• Maintains and performs preventative maintenance activities and conducts repairs on all assigned systems/equipment.
• Completes accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records and take regular system readings.
• Observes and tests system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Is engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing refrigeration equipment.
• Ensures all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
• Ensures all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
• Assists in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor.
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follows Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices, including lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Work in extremely cold environment of -10 to -28 Fahrenheit with the appropriate usage of all required PPEs
• Perform all other work as assigned.
• 3+ years of experience as an Ammonia Technician in an industrial environment: Food or Beverage Industry Preferred!
• Must have or be able to obtain a R.E.T.A. Certification
• Waste water management work experience is a plus
• Strong skills in “Process Safety Management”
• Automation work experience with ability to read P&IDs
• Root cause analysis & troubleshooting skills
• Must have working knowledge of electrical testing equipment and basic hand and power tools
• Must possess a high level of written and verbal communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Must have a working knowledge of Windows-based software, such as Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as computerized maintenance management system experience.
• Forklift and scissor lift operating experience desired
• Soldering and welding experience desired
• Knowledge of EPA regulations