Sr. Packaging Systems Engineer New Albany, Ohio
Job Ref: 36934
Business Unit Overview
Responsible for providing direction and technical support to drive packaging systems design and operations performance and standardization across all manufacturing facilities. Identifies and removes barriers and collaborates with plant personnel to establish a sustainable system which will enable attainment of improved production rates, lower costs, consistent high quality, and efficient changeovers.
- Focus on developing and implementing the comprehensive system that will lead to sustainable improvements in Packaging Rates, Uptime and Quality. Utilizes and collaborates with plant technicians and engineers to accomplish initiatives.
- Provide leadership in the identification and implementation of packaging improvement initiatives resulting in increased attainment of OEE: rate, yields, and schedule attainment.
- Participates in strategic direction regarding Packaging processes and equipment. Investigates and determines production feasibility. Identifies tools, equipment and methods to produce new products and support new product start-ups and integration.
- Supports packaging operations in troubleshooting and training protocols resulting in sustainable system for rapid problem resolution and improvement implementation.
- Collaborates with maintenance on identifying equipment reliability issues and developing mitigation strategies to improve reliability. Identifies and implements improvements to ensure process consistency and capability across facilities.
- Driver of continuous improvement for packaging operations. Analyzes operational data to identify and prioritize chronic barriers to performance for targeted improvement. Coordinates and collaborates with colleagues and external manufacturing facilities to share knowledge and best practices in order to ensure both local and multi-site benefits.
- Understands rate capabilities for packaging operations, identifies bottleneck operations preventing rate attainment and implements improvements. Identifies gaps and develops strategy for rate increases to meet business growth needs.
- Collaborates with packaging technicians, engineers and operators to develop standardized system to define and sustain optimal processes and equipment set-ups.
- Collaborates with packaging equipment and project engineers on the development, evaluation, and integration of new packaging designs and enhancements to meet strategic business plans and customer requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in packaging operations required.
- Experience with retail and commercial packaging platforms for consumer goods including both rigid and flexible package formats, cartoning, case erectors, packers, sealers, robotic operations, and all forms of package conveying are required. High speed packaging, blending and automation is preferred.
- Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
- Requires travel to manufacturing facilities in the Midwest.