Journeyman Electrician RIttman, Ohio
Job Ref: 36923
MUST HAVE SOME TYPE OF JOURNEYMAN CERTIFICATION FOR THIS ROLE EITHER JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN OR ELECTRICAL TRADE SCHOOL APPRENTICE.
MUST BE OPEN TO 2ND & 3RD SHIFT
PAY: UNION PLANT $33.11HR PLUS A 3K SIGN ON AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYEMENT
Under direct supervision of the maintenance foreman and mine foreman, is responsible for general electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and repair.
General Working Conditions:
Works in an underground mine where temperatures range from 78° to 100°F. Work areas are generally dry. Lighting is provided in certain areas, however most lighting is by cap lamp and/or equipment lighting. Uneven floor conditions exist and floor may become polished resulting in slippery footing. Work must be around equipment and machinery that maybe in motion. Position requires that attention be paid to roof and rib conditions.
Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Requires sound knowledge of heavy industrial/mining electrical maintenance practices.
- Knowledgeable in 480V 3-phase and 4160V 3-phase motor control center troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
- Capable of reading schematics, calculating wire size and motor horsepower requirements for new installations.
- Familiar with solid state, soft start, and PLC controls.
- Must be capable of lifting 65# on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to see clearly with only cap lamp or equipment lighting.
- Must be able to walk over terrain varying from soft to hard as well as slick and uneven.
- Fill out inspection sheets, timecards and other reports properly.
- Requires mounting and dismounting mobile and stationary equipment many times per day.
Qualifications Other Functions:
- May be required to do minor welding and burning.
- Assist mechanics in equipment repairs as directed.
- May do greasing, cleaning, and inspecting as directed.
- Must be able to train other employees in safe job procedures of an electrician.
- Performs other work as directed by maintenance foreman.