EH&S Manager Toluca, Illinois
Job Ref: 36857
EH&S MANAGER OPENING IN TOLUCA ILLINOIS AT A LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT
80-90K SALARY RANGE
THEY WANT SOMEONE WITH. 5-7 YEARS OF EXP. SALARY RANGE IS 80-90K. NO RELO TO START. MUST COME OUT OF FOOD OR HIGH SPEED MANUFACTURING. BILINGUAL IS A HUGE PLUS.
5-7 YEARS EXPEREINCE
FOOD OR BEVERAGE
Job Title: EHS Manager
The EH&S Manager is responsible for providing technical safety and health support to the Toluca Plant. Essential functions include evaluating safety and health programs and coordinating Plant activities to support objectives. The EH&S Manager will Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
· Evaluate Plant safety programs and make recommendations to update safety practices.
· Review process-operating procedures and provides input for safety and health considerations.
· Participate in new process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc. · Work with FSQA and Human Resources to develop and maintain trainings records and renewal calendars. · Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. · Develop and maintain equipment specific LOTO procedures and conduct employee training. · Assist with the completion of administrative programs for the preparation, distribution and maintenance of written programs, policies, procedures and records such as SDS, lockout/tag out procedures and OSHA reporting. · Support Behavior Based Safety (BBS) in driving participation, supplying critical data, coaching, and providing supervisor support.
· Review injury/illness and near-miss incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary. · Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with Safety Program expectations by identifying and informing management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits. · Monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to the plant to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations. · Support and lead continuous improvement efforts within and outside your responsible department.
· Track and report monthly Safety Scorecard requirements.
· Collaborate with Production/Operations to evaluate operation procedures and analyze data to support continuous improvement, favorable material usage, optimal product mix, etc. · Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred. · Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience required. · Comprehensive knowledge of the safety and health programs, policies, risk identification and control strategies, and federal and state regulations preferred. · Completion of OSHA 30 course required.
· Knowledge of auditing processes (ISO, OSHA, or equivalent guideline related) preferred.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office required.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on details required.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others to achieve desired results. · Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision. · Strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills required.