Maintenance Planner SCOTIA,
Job Ref: 36837
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and off-shifts as needed
- Minimum of 10 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
The maintenance planner and schedule position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to manage projects, inventories and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Maintaining and responsibility for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Manage the work order process to ensure a robust and thorough use of the system.
- Track many activities and communicate effectively to all stakeholders.
- Optimize maintenance plans and schedules for predictive, preventive, routine, scheduled and emergency maintenance services to production, utility operations and infrastructure systems as necessary to provide for safe operations, regulatory compliance and equipment availability related to equipment and systems plant wide.
- Coordinate work and work closely with planning and production on needed line downtime and prioritization of activities.
- Maintain the maintenance parts inventory system and develop, implement and optimize kitting process.
- Assist the machine shop with inventory requirements and job planning.
- Ensure all equipment in the plant is in the CMMS with all necessary PMs in place.
- Work closely with maintenance technicians and supervisors to ensure work is completed on time and in full.
- Improve current maintenance systems and monitor the processes.
- Set up any new equipment PMs into the CMMS.
- Track Maintenance KPIs and develop and execute improvement plans.
- Develop and maintain robust and detailed PMs
- Support continuous improvement activities and best practice reapplication between areas.
- Effectively plan shut down time and utilize improvement plans as needed.
- Plan and schedule 3rd party maintenance and ensure activities are accurately reflected in CMMS.
- Must be able to fill in as a backup for the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Train maintenance staff to effectively utilize the CMMS.
- Manages resources effectively to meet both deadlines/promise dates as well as financial and production targets.
- Change agent and leader in the maintenance organization.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, GMPs, and SOPs.
- Actively encourages coworkers to work safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
- Working knowledge of computer programs with the ability to learn more as needed (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and CMMS).
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources
- Able to estimate job hours effectively based on experience