Maintenance Mechanic II Paramount, California
Job Ref: 36821
Job Details Description: Maintenance Mechanic II
**All Applicants must comply with ITAR Requirements. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only**
The Maintenance Mechanic II performs preventative maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition. The incumbent diagnoses problems and works in many varied and diversified capacities required in general maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment, processes and facilities.
Major Job Duties:
As a key member of Company your duties include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate of importance of the Company Safety Policy to the success of Company.
• Demonstrate of importance of the Company Quality Policy to the success of Company.
• Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Company Environmental Policy.
• Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Company Business Management System.
• Work in a team environment to meet target dates.
Responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of:
• Large pull down and push down forging presses ranging in size from 100 tons to 33,000 tons
• Large fork truck and manipulators ranging in size from 8000 lb. capacity to 25,000 pound capacity
• Large radial saws, vertical and horizontal band saws
• Air Compressors and the supporting dryers, filters and air lines
• Large gas/electric low and high temperature furnaces ranging in size from 10,000 lbs. to 250,000 lb. capacity
• Office and manufacturing buildings
• Large cooling towers/heat exchangers
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks and assists in repairs that include:
• scheduled inspections;
• lubricate and cleaning;
• filter changes;
• motor, pump and valve repair and replacement/troubleshooting
• metal fabrication
• Perform all maintenance duties following lockout/tagout, confined space and fall protection procedures where required
• all other duties assigned
• Must have working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics and be able to read schematics.
• Welding Skills
• Mechanically inclined
• Must be able to safely operate a forklift
• Follow written and verbal instructions
• Proficient with hand and power tools
• Physical requirements (be able to lift 50 lbs. bend, climb, etc.)
• Able to use wrenches, ratchets, sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, pry bars, jacks, grinders, drills, tape rulers, chop saws, slings, scissor clamps,
• Pac-mans, scissor lifts, boom lifts, band saws, grease pump system, torch unit, hydraulic hose crimper, manual press, manual valve controller, hydraulic power unit, hydraulic hand pump with accessories, portable power unit with torch arms, drill bit sharpener.
• Read, write, and speak English
Knwldg of hydraulics&pneumaticsIntermediate
Hand tools, power tools&related equipmentExpert
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
GED or better.
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications