Production Planning & Scheduling Supervisor Paramount, California
Job Ref: 36820
Job Details Description
**All Applicants must comply with ITAR Requirements. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only**
Reporting to the Senior Manager Production Control, the Production Planning and Scheduling (PP&S) Supervisor is responsible to meet Company goals relating to production planning, scheduling, and inventory management to drive an efficient manufacturing process and support customer requirements. The PP&S Supervisor provides leadership, direction and expertise to the Production Planning and Scheduling staff to ensure customer satisfaction by producing high quality products on a timely basis per their specifications. This position manages and oversees staff responsible for the development and implementation of master and individual production schedules which meet the requirements of the customer and the company. The position recommends changes to planning and scheduling process to improve overall results, communicates what is to be accomplished and coordinates/integrates activities to achieve department goals, and partners with Manufacturing and Sales to continuously improve product planning and scheduling processes.
As a key member of Company your duties include but not limited to:
– Knowledge, awareness and collaboration of the Company Safety Policy
– Knowledge and awareness of the Company Quality Policy
– Knowledge and awareness of the Company Business Management System
– Participates in company quality and safety certification initiatives as required
– Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of the Company Environmental Policy
– Participation to support company required activities including but not limited to auditing, compliance oversight and other company initiatives.
– Establish and maintain the accuracy of planning and scheduling parameters in the ERP system and actively engage in the change management process.
– Lead weekly production planning meetings to balance flow, demand, supply, and productivity.
– Schedule and drive recurring meetings to review planning and scheduling parameters
– Understand customer demand requirements by interfacing with the sales team and customers as required.
– Create a rolling (12 month) master production schedule; analyze and identify potential risks associated with the master production schedule including production lead time.
– Align manufacturing and supply availability plans to anticipate and match forecasted and actual demand changes.
– Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data; perform calculations to supporting recommendations in manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
– Coordinate with manufacturing to resolve routing, work center, scheduling and capacity issues; proactively identify potential manufacturing issues with delivery and develop recovery plans as necessary
– Coordinate with Purchasing and Subcontracting to ensure material supply and subcontract activities are in line with production requirements.
– Prepare and analyze production reports, including issues with material, scrap, delays, labor, and capacity.
– Provide Key Performance Indicators and trends to management and perform root cause analyses on deviations noted including On-Time Delivery, Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability.
– Monitors and manages inventory levels in relation to demand of customer orders, contracts and/or forecasts to ensure inventory is positioned for customer order fulfillment.
– Provide supports in preparation of annual company budget and forecasts.
– Focus on creating a lean culture by participating in and supporting all lean and 6S workshops. Ensure department work is standardized with documented processes, clear metrics and that performance is monitored via daily performance audits. Create visual systems to track performance.
– Develop staff through ongoing training, coaching, and counseling and maintain effective department results through ongoing planning, monitoring, and review of employee performance results.
– A significant degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
– Must be able to comply with ITAR and EAR residency requirements
– Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and have experience with advanced Excel functions (including Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, formulas)
– ERP system knowledge is essential with demonstrated MRP module experience; experience with SAP preferred
– BA/BS degree in applicable field
– Must have 7+ years of experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
– Lean Manufacturing ISO, and Six Sigma experience a plus
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Education Required: Bachelors or better.
Licenses & Certifications: Preferred APICS