Logistics Manager Ontario, California
Job Ref: 36814
You will support end-to-end logistics (physical flows from plants to customers), including all warehouse, transport and co-packing operations, in terms of service, cost, health and safety, quality, food defense, sustainability, legal requirements and policies compliance. You will provide team leadership and direction for the logistics organization. In this role, you will implement logistics strategy and effectively execute operations to ensure optimum logistics solutions while supporting various routes-to-market, and balancing service and cost. You will work collaboratively with internal and external (third-party logistics vendors) business partners to ensure effective management, timely solutions and execution.
How you will contribute
- Be accountable for warehouse, transportation, international logistics (import/export) and co-packing operations
- Ensure the implementation of the business plan by delivering a consistent service level, adapting the supply chain to the demanding and changing customer environment and ensuring sufficient operational capacity to deliver business needs
- Be accountable for delivering logistics operational cost budget, ensuring that best-in-class controls and governance are in place
- Foster, initiate and lead continuous improvement programs that reduce cost and our carbon footprint and improve the service performance of the operation
- Ensure successful project implementation
- Select, manage and develop long-term relationships with third-party service providers
- Ensure adherence to health and safety, quality, food defense and legal requirements and policies
- Establish a business continuity plan for logistics operations.
- Support best-practices sharing and adoption
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Solid background in logistics with experience leading operations in an FMCG/CPG environment
- Team leadership experience, with proven ability to build effective teams and develop people
- Drive for results with proactive, dynamic and action orientated approach, identifying areas where business change is required and excellence in project management
- Strong collaboration skills with strong business and financial acumen and the ability to forge senior level strategic partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic thinking plus excellent presentation, communication, influencing and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating skills with ability to negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups
More about this role
What you need to know about this position: Our Manager, Customer Logistics provides leadership to our warehouse team and strive to keep transportation costs low, supporting key customers and managing volume of 11 million cases a year. The Manager of Customer Logistics role (MCL) is the site leader providing and owning the leadership and P&L responsibilities for their Direct Store Delivery (DSD) operation. In this role, the MCL is responsible for partnering with customer supply chain teams, retail teams, and logistics biscuit support teams to execute strategies through the development of local plans and tactics in support of those strategies across multiple product lines and categories
What extra ingredients you will bring:
In this role, successful candidate will also provide input into CS&L Logistics strategy and help deliver against this strategy. In This role, the MCL is responsible for coaching and developing their local branch teams which typically consist of salaried supervisors, associates, and coordinators and hourly warehouse and delivery employees with a total staff of 90. Ensure the financial success of your site through properly staffing and managing headcount levels to optimize efficient productivity.
The MCL will take ownership of the business and ensuring the highest standards of safety, productivity, and customer service are exceeded every day. This role is responsible for managing branch resources and assets and providing supply chain support to local customers and branch business units. Drives key KPIs under main categories of (1) Safety, (2) Service, (3) Cost, and (4) People.
Education / Certifications:
Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration with MBA preferred
Job specific requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration with MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience in operational supply chain roles in logistics, distribution, and warehousing with demonstrated involvement with warehouse operations both manual and highly automated, as well as processes and logistics compliance and risk.
- Certifications in L6S, BB or MBB, proven CI/Lean Manufacture experience desired.
- Experience with managing Governmental agencies who may contact the site.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills, the ability to motivate a staff, get things done through others and familiarity with related procedures and best practices.
- Experience managing in a diverse, highly matrixed, highly regulated, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices.
- Versatility with an ability to adapt and be able to deal with ambiguity and change
- Proven collaborative leadership skills with emphasis on relationship development and consensus building.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proficiency with industry-standard software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Driver Method Training
- Zonar Reporting
- Warehouse Labor Planning and Route Composition
- Sound financial, business acumen, problem solving and decision-making skills using strong analytical skills to develop business case.
Travel requirements: Yes