Maintenance Supervisor Santa Cruz, California
Job Ref: 36807
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
Supervise all maintenance department hourly employees on shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Schedule maintenance employees as needed to service the needs of internal customers, while supporting manufacturing and distribution to ensure the company meets/exceeds company goals and targets while minimizing overtime. Work with management and other department supervision to set shift priorities and tasks. Assign tasks and work orders, follow up on recurring issues, maintaining shift documentation and provide a written shift activity summary daily. Be a technical resource to the maintenance and operations staff. First point of contact on shift for technical issues that are not getting resolved in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of numerous elector-mechanical, mechanical, electronic, and basic electrical systems.
· Understanding of standard troubleshooting procedures and the ability to apply them in a variety of situations.
· Should have excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with a wide range of mechanics, technicians, vendors, contractors, departmental managers, and engineers.
· Interface with internal customer (manufacturing, packaging, distribution, etc.) regularly to ensure clear/concise communication between departments.
· Maintain administrative records on all hourly maintenance employees, i.e.: Attendance, reviews, disciplinary procedures, etc.
· Review and maintain department attendance including weekly review and approval of hourly payroll.
· Responsible for processing all human resources required, review procedures for all maintenance department employees.
· Review, analyze, and enter all work order requests and assign to appropriate personnel.
· Review and ensure all work orders are entered into CMMS (Bigfoot). Keep preventative maintenance assignments current.
· Review assigned projects and assign personnel accordingly.
· Assure all necessary tools and materials are available for all maintenance and engineering projects.
· Research and control technical services when required.
· Coordinate all projects with concerned departments and/or personnel.
· Respond to all crucial machine failures and coordinate parts and proper personnel for necessary repairs.
· Monitor running condition of all major systems and critical units.
· Investigate incidents and complete documentation.
· Other tasks and duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma, plus higher education in industrial relations (AA or BS in Industrial Arts preferred).
· 5-7 years’ experience as a technician, mechanic, or field service engineer.
· 3-5 years supervisory experience.
· Management training helpful with an emphasis on human resources skills.