Plant Operations Manager Exnia, Ohio
Job Ref: 36805
Statement of Purpose
Under the direction of a Plant Manager, oversees the daily production operations of the plant. Monitors operations for efficiency and safety, ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are met/followed. Develops production schedules to meet internal goals as well as expectations of customers.
- Responsible for implementing all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Be involved with the plant SRMP program and ensure compliance with 16 elements.
- Manage plant operations, streamline processes, and increase efficiency.
- Manage facility operations including staffing levels, performance appraisals, discipline, etc.
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner for all departments.
- Prepare operational schedule and coordinate production activities to ensure production and quality products.
- Analyzes plant operations to ensure that facilities maintain a leadership position and help implement new processes and technologies.
- Implement expense controls, minimize shrink, and monitor labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Acts as a liaison with Procurement, Production Scheduler, Distribution, Sales and Customer Service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction in helping to address customer inquiries, problems and concerns.
- Create and implement the annual business plan, identifying key improvement priorities, determining objectives to enhance performance.
- Utilize Oracle reporting to develop analytical tracking of operations to be used in day to day decision making.
- Follows all SQF principles pertinent to the position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, maintains confidentiality, and interacts with all levels of management across the organization.
- Relies on widespread experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge
- Relies on experience to make good judgments
- Understands safety regulations and requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and or a combination of relevant education and experience equivalent
- Prior experience in food manufacturing and plant supervision is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, occupational hazards and related safety precautions in the work environment.
- Food safety and food security guidelines including good manufacturing practices and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.