Sanitation Manager Commerce, California
Job Ref: 36798
SANITATION MANAGER OPENING WITH A LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN COMMERCE CA.
SALARY RANGE: 87-93K
3RD SHIFT 10PM -6AM M-F
MUST BE A STRONG SANITATION MANAGER
Job Description: Sanitation Manager – 3rd Shift
This position is responsible for the implementation and execution of the facility Sanitation Management System. Ensures compliance to sanitation policies, procedures and government regulations through the implementation of programs such as sanitation, housekeeping, and pest control, etc. This position identifies resource needs and provides the necessary training to efficiently and effectively execute their sanitation responsibilities. The position leads Continuous Improvement of sanitation programs. The position has managerial responsibilities that include allocating & managing resources, developing talent, and budget management.
Partners with plant operations, maintenance, engineering, distribution and quality to ensure that sanitation and pest control programs, procedures, and systems are effectively developed, executed, and monitored per policy requirements and within budget. Works with Human Resources Manager to ensure proper crewing and safety programs and training is up to date.
• Plant lead on sanitation and pest control program and procedure development, training, execution, and monitoring.
• Communicate and escalate any safety, food safety or quality issues and provide support as needed.
• Manage plant internal sanitation team, sanitation programs and pest control vendor resources, Plus applicable regulatory visits (i.e. FDA, Department of Agriculture etc…)
• People / skill development through training and coaching of plant personnel.
• Manages Progressive Discipline and Coaching for CBA team through clear and consistent communication with HRM. Develops and regulate plant rules through clear and effective communication with the team and management partners
• Manage sanitation / pest control budget.
Drive Continuous Improvement
• Track, report, and review the sanitation and pest control performance indicators on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement.
• Manage cost of sanitation and pest control
• Conduct effective root cause analysis and implement corrective action and preventative action.
Leadership of sanitation at the plant
• Development and training of plant sanitation team
• Development and training of other local team members
• Work with the plant leadership team to ensure all sanitation programs and systems are implemented
• Coaching/development of all plant leaders in regards to sanitation tools
• Timely and effective reporting to Plant Quality Manager
• Executes sanitation training
Desired Skills and Experience
SKILLS/CAPABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
• Direct management of sanitation program development staff
• Ability to connect/influence local plant management and plant workforce
• Communication of ideas/technical information in an easily understandable way
• Assessment of risk and appropriate/timely communication of risk
• 5-7 years in quality/manufacturing/sanitation management roles working in multiple manufacturing environments preferred
• Food processing sanitation program experience
• Understanding of manufacturing processes
• BS Food Science/Engineering/Chemistry or other relevant sciences preferred
• Global Food Safety Initiative Certification experience (SQF, BRC, IFS etc…)
• Sanitation and Pest Control knowledge
• Food safety and regulatory requirements
• Proficient in both dry and wet cleaning methods
• Experienced in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
BENEFITS & SALARY:
• We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. The salary is commensurate with experience.