Refrigeration Technician Ennis, Texas
Job Ref: 36789
Refrigeration technician on day or night shift 6am-6pm or 6p-6am on a 3,2,2,3 schedule 28-30HR ENNIS TEXAS
Job Description: Refrigeration Technician
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Takes a critical role in operating & maintaining infrastructure systems for new greenfield facility currently under construction with startup date in 2022.
• Operate, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair utility systems including ammonia refrigeration, HVAC, steam, water, chiller, and compressed air systems.
• Support the operations, monitoring, and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plant as needed.
• Assists with the implementation of new equipment, technologies, and practices to improve infrastructure reliability, sustainability, and to reduce operational costs.
• Supports continuous improvement and 5S projects for the central utility and wastewater treatment buildings.
• Assures highest level of safety and compliance with safety and environmental requirements of ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Works with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to capture preventative maintenance tasks, work orders, and work requests.
• Navigates and operate building management systems (BMS) to maintain and monitor plant utility systems.
• Supports safety initiatives and behavioral based safety observation program.
• Assures that outside service providers comply with plant GMP and safety programs.
• Performs peer-to-peer training with utility systems in a hands-on manner.
• Follows established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Work Experience Requirements
• Must have a minimum 3 years of combined manufacturing/maintenance/technician experience.
• 3+ years of ammonia refrigeration, boiler, compressed air, and water system operations, troubleshooting and emergency protocol experience.
• Industrial wastewater experience desired.
• Experience in food/beverage or other FDA/USDA regulated environment is desired.
• Experienced with CMMS and BMS systems.
Education and Other Requirements
• Certifications in areas of responsibility highly desired: (ammonia, HVAC, boiler).
• Ability to read P&IDs, general layout drawings, block flow diagrams, equipment parts lists & other technical documentation.
• Ability to perform basic computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Passes all required drug screening, criminal background check, and has reliable transportation.
• Willing to travel for periodic technical training.