Sr. Human Resources Manager Oakland, Mississippi
Job Ref: 36782
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER OAKLAND MISSISIPI
RURAL AREA MUST BE OK WITH THAT
SALARY RANGE: 110-120K
LOCATION: OAKLAND MISSISIPPI
MUST HAVES: FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING EXPEREINCE AND HIGH SPEED MANUFACTURING
Job Description: Sr. Human Resources Manager
The Sr. Human Resources Manager (SRHRM) is responsible for understanding the business needs of the plant and then transforming those needs into HR support that will ensure the plant benefits from strategic Human Resource services and standardized processes. The SRHRM will lead human resources practices and objectives at the plant that will promote an employee-oriented, high performance culture focused on engagement, accountability, continuous improvement, KPI’s, and the development of a strong and stable workforce.
- Acts as a strategic business partner with General Manager and plant leadership in reaching the business goals for the plant.
- Works with the General Manager and the plant leadership to design and develop a recruitment strategy to attract and retain qualified employees, including skilled and semi-skilled hourly positions.
- Serves as a coach to the plant leadership and employees to turn skills learned into application and impact in their respective departments and positions.
- Ensures SOP’s and Human Resources metrics are tracked, reviewed, reported and in place to help monitor and guide the activities relating to the plant goals.
- Will identify and work organizations within the business community, educational and nonprofit organizations within the regional area that will help foster and promote AFNA as a positive corporate partner and employer of choice.
- Provides advice, counseling and training to managers and plant leadership on performance-based issues including corrective action, performance improvement plans, terminations, and attendance.
- Fosters open communication throughout the plant by working closely with the plant leadership to ensure a positive “open door” environment.
- Develops effective employee communication strategies to ensure that employees understand AFNA’s policies, practices, benefits, values and performance expectations.
- Manages and resolves delicate and complex employee relations matters, and conducts, thorough and effective investigations and resolutions. Investigations may include complaints associated with AFNA’s Ethics Hotline.
- Will partner with the General Manager and plant leaderships to “develops strategies” to reduce employee absenteeism and turnover.
- With the HR team, employee committees, and support from the plant leadership, the SRHRM will plan and coordinate employee functions, recognition and engagement activities.
- Partners with other AFNA human resources managers, including corporate human resources, to organize, develop, and implement policies and procedures that supports standardization and improved compliance with local, state, and federal laws, while improving efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Keeps the General Manager and leadership team informed of internal and external human resources developments related to policy changes and updates, along with labor laws that may impact employees and or the operation of the plant. Works with the corporate human resource and legal team to ensure compliance.
- Leverages appropriate internal systems (iCims, Ultipro, Kazoo, Hireright, etc.) and resources for maintaining, auditing, and updating employee information in accordance with established procedures and or legal requirements.
- Drives internal compliance, and promotion and adoption of best practices within the HR team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field required.
- 5-7, years of related experience; with a minimum of 3 years partnering with senior plant leadership members.
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Must possess a strong work ethic with a genuine interest in working closing with the plant leadership on and off the production floor. This role will require self-motivation and drive to jump in, learn the business, build relationships, and help generate value-added solutions in a 24/7 plant operation.
- Exhibit strong leadership and influencing skills and lead change management initiatives with the ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met.
- Willingness to learn, grow and tackle expanded duties as business needs evolve.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and agile in an ever changing environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills, and skilled in use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Federal and state employment law, including leaves of absence, ADA, EEO, FLSA, etc.
- Able to effectively work in a matrix structure.