QA Supervisor Santa Fe Springs, California
Job Ref: 36772
Food Safety Key Person – SQF Food Safety Training Coordinator
This position is responsible for supervising the QC technicians and assisting the Quality Director with implementing the quality assurance and quality control program. day shift, the position is primarily working out of a Santa Fe Springs location however they will also oversee 2 QC techs at a Long Beach site that will require the Supervisor to check in on them at least once per week to ensure daily obligations are being met and provide some support. This is a hands on position where the Supervisor will spend most of their time on the floor working alongside production.
- Monitors GMP compliance, and ensures high quality operational methods and personnel practices.
- Reviews QC Technician’s activities, including x-ray/metal detector checks, pre-op checks, daily GMP checks, production changeovers, and temperature checks.
- Assist with allergen control sanitation verification program.
- Ensures adherence and regulatory compliance with associated government agencies to include domestic compliance with 21 CFR Parts 100 to 169, including Part 111 referring to the cGMPs for Dietary Supplements
- Assist with monitoring adherence and compliance with Orthodox Union’s contract with the facility to remain kosher dairy.
- Assist with the SQF System Quality programs
- Implements the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Program
- Having knowledge of recall procedures
- Creates and plans testing procedures regarding raw materials and finished product analytical testing to meet label claims and other necessary customer requirements.
- Keeps up to date with food recalls and legislation
- Assist with generating finished product CoA’s
- Assist with Approved Supplier Program, document control, supplier document review, specifications dietary supplement raw materials and finished product testing
- Assist and collaborate with R&D for new product development and piloting and shelf-life studies.
- Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities for 4 QC Technicians and 1 QC Lead
- Develop and manage performance results
- Grow the personnel to ensure appropriate coverage on the floor
- Identify and decrease overtime hours for the department
- Perform annual performance reviews
- Manage time and attendance
- Address corrective/disciplinary actions with the guidance from Human Resources
Food Safety Responsibilities and Quality Related Responsibilities
- Coordinate SQF Food Safety Trainings, Manage Training Matrix
- Assists with chemical control programs
- Assists with food defense programs
- Assists with contract service provider approval and register
- Assists with raw material specifications and documentation project
- Assists with glass and brittle plastic inspections
- Approves suppliers and maintains approved supplier register
- Calibration program
- Foreign Matter control including X-ray and metal detector procedures
- GMP and Sanitation verification including pre-op inspections
- Allergen program including verification during change-overs
- Water, Air and environmental testing programs
- Receiving procedures including QC Raw and Packaging Material releases
- Assists in recalls, withdrawals, mock recalls, and traceability exercises
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Pre-requisite programs including:
- Personnel Hygiene (including hand wash procedures)
- Personnel Processing Practices
- Allergen Procedures
- Food Defense Procedures
- Product Identification, Label/Lot Control procedures
- Waste Disposal procedures
- Must report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action: SQF Practitioner, Quality Management, Plant/Production Management, or Supervisors
Qualifications (Minimum Education Requirements, Training or Experience)
- BS Degree in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related fields, preferred not required
- Must be bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Must be GMP trained or certified
- Must be trained on:
- Food Defense requirements and company food defense procedures
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other company food safety procedures including prerequisite programs – see training requirement
- Reporting Structure
- Direct Report –Dir. Quality Assurance and R&D