Production Supervisor Los Angeles, California
Job Ref: 36756
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR LOS ANGELES CA WITH A LARGE ALUMINUM PLANT!!
DAY SHIFT IT ROTATES EVERY THREE MONTHS
MUST HAVE ATLEAST AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE FOR THIS ROLE!!
Will work on every shift at some point in the year as Shifts Rotate every 3 Months:
The Production Supervisor directs all shift production employees and ensures Safety, Quality and Production targets and standards are met, including Housekeeping.
- Responsible for leading and achieving departmental, plant and corporate goals for safety, quality and productivity of 100 plus employee workforce
- Manage, direct and maintain the control the manufacture of assigned products in a safe manner in accordance with all schedules and specifications for quality, quantity, timeliness and cost. Proactively and consistently supports the elements of the HSE, ISO 9000, PPC, CPC and 14001 requirements and work instructions; Consistently and equitably administers established company policies, procedures and guidelines; Creates and maintains a positive, harmonious work environment free of discrimination and sexual or other harassment to foster a positive work culture that makes our Company First Choice for Associates.
- Maintain the smooth and timely flow of plant production ensuring a quality product is delivered to the next operation and customer. Achieve the business goals of the operation including cost, quality safety, and delivery. Coach, develop, and support hourly associates. Hold associates accountable for attainment of objectives. Drive Company's Select best in class strategies to the floor level.
- Responsible for employee safety, process control compliance and housekeeping in their respective area of responsibility, as well as meeting the quality and production targets. Follows the schedules and instructions given to them by their manager.
- Supervises all production employees on shift.
- A Supervisor’s job is on the floor. Minimal office time.
- Supervisors are first responders to trouble calls.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the assigned work area, processes and equipment. Understands the HSE, ISO 9000, PPC, CPC and 14001 requirements, work instructions and enforces them. Requests additional training for himself and his subordinates when required.
- Ensures that the mobile equipment under his direction is cared for by the drivers on shift and the required daily inspection is performed.
- Utilizes Maximo to report equipment problems to ensure these problems are communicated to the maintenance team.
- Initiates HSE S.I’s when accidents occur or near misses happen or to report a potential HSE issue.
- Provides proper “shift turnover” to oncoming supervisor.
- Ensures that established Company policies, rules and regulations are followed.
- Enforces the labor contract.
- Enforces the absenteeism program.
- Responsible for all safety and housekeeping throughout the area as well as meeting production, quality and delivery standards.
- Two year college education or degree in engineering
- Manufacturing experience of 10 years or greater
- Ability to work in the US
- Work flexible schedules night shift or afternoon