Production Supervisor San Antonio, Texas
Job Ref: 36754
3rd shift Production Supervisor opening in San Antonio Texas. Large Food Manufacturing Plant.
10pm-6:30am need strong lean manufacturing and good communications skills.
m-f with some weekends
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coach, mentor, develop and evaluate performance of employees in a fast paced environment.
• Establish and control procedures to meet production schedules, recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating efficiency and working conditions.
• Ensure that all Company standards are maintained throughout all operations. These include but are not limited to Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Process and Procedural standards.
• Participate in developing and executing departmental goals and objectives.
• Spend at least 25% of time on the floor in areas under your responsibility, assisting employees with issues resolution and working on continuous improvement projects.
• Play an active role in promoting positive employee relations and engagement.
• Manages personnel by processing timesheets, logging attendance, scheduling manpower and scheduling vacation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Must be able to read, write and effectively understand business documents at this level of work and in this type of business.
• A High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is required; a Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
• 3- 5 years successful experience in a supervisory role within manufacturing required. Food manufacturing is highly preferred.
• Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Skilled and Experience in successfully utilizing Lean Management Practices
• Skilled and experienced in successfully implementing Continuous Improvement (Highly Preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Successful candidate is safety-conscious, self-motivated, a team player, and is able to think proactively.
• Applicant must be able to multi-task, prioritize, successfully handle pressure, and work/make decisions independently when required.
• Must have excellent Positive Employee Relation Skills.
• Applicant should have basic understanding of Lean practices.
• Must be computer literate, and effective using MS Office Products.
• Must have excellent verbal & written communication and coaching skills.
• Must have excellent management and organizational skills.
• Must have good presentation and training skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness, and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements to include, but not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
• Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
• Position requires the ability to stand; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
• Must be able to climb ladders as required.
• Must wear Personal protective equipment, as defined by Company