Maintenance Manager San Diego, California
Job Ref: 36741
BILINGUAL MAINTENANCE MANAGER SAN DIEGO CA. TPM IS REQUIRED
130-145K NO HIGHER
MUST HAVES: TPM, ENGINEERING DEGREE AND FOOD MANUFACTURING
Skills: Need strong TPM experience – this plant makes Mexican food
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: US-CA-San Diego
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: US-CA-San Diego
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and uninterrupted operation of a modern food processing facility, equipped with complex electrical and mechanical systems including boilers, ammonia compressors, air compressors and hydraulic systems. The Maintenance Manager will oversee the overall operation and maintenance of processing equipment, repair, troubleshooting and upgrading systems, tools, building and grounds. This position requires adherence to maintenance best practices, including continuous improvement and total productive maintenance (TPM). While providing direction to the maintenance team ensuring compliance with various regulations for food manufacturing such as USDA, FDA, OHSA, EPA, DEQ etc. This position will manager all maintenance costs for the plant and department budget
• Create an environment where safety is a primary concern. While assisting and resolving safety issues in the plant.
• Supervise and direct the maintenance team and staff by providing training and development. Provide job expectations and role clarity with team members to promote ownership and achieve minimal downtime.
• Lead talent development activities for front-line maintenance team; assess technical skills of the maintenance team; build and drive development plans for each maintenance team member to ensure maintenance knowledge and skills are developed. Ensure that safety training is provided to the team and that proper safety practices are followed.
• Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements. Will collaborate with Human Resources with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; rewarding and; addressing and resolving employee relations issues.
• Coordinate and direct day-to-day operations of the maintenance activity, including determining needed repairs and improvements. Trouble-shoot and resolve problems with machinery, equipment and facility by responding on call 24 hours.
• Establish project timelines and deliverables by prioritizing and assigning work tasks, and scheduling work to most effectively meet facility need.
• Establish KPI’s for the maintenance team, track results and report to Senior Management.
• Participate in designing and developing future production capacities by attending engineering meetings; coordinating with Research & Development regarding product changes and improvements; and updating maintenance operating procedures and schedules to incorporate the changes.
• Collaborate with engineering in various plant projects in developing and implementing modifications and improvements. Will recommend specifications and scheduling for contracts. Including negotiating prices and inspecting contractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices and standard operating procedures are followed.
• Monitor and maintain safe operation of ammonia system, Conduct training in ammonia safety and rescue, and HazWoper training.
• Determines the Preventive Maintenance cycle of each part or function of all active equipment and machinery in order to minimize production down time. Directs worker in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance.
• Plans and performs Preventive Maintenance, ensures the completion of activity and keeps records. Documents departmental activity through preparation of various reports, work orders, maintenance schedules and other incidental record keeping.
• Prepares, implements and monitors departmental budget. Maintains, monitors and tracks manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department budget.
• Determine min and max parts inventory levels by reducing parts usage through machine PM’s, root cause troubleshooting, analyzing broken or worn parts, etc.
• Plans Capital expenditure budget with the Plant Manager and control inventory of asset equipment.
• Controls and monitors the usage of incoming water and waste water including BOD and TTS.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school plus five (5) or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
• Strong Lean experience essential especially Kaizen, 5M5Y, STPD, TPM. The role is expected to lead Kaizen both within the department and with other departments to help drive continuous improvement and team member engagement
• Experience with 3-phase power system, PLC controls, general troubleshooting and PM programs preferred.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, parts manuals, machine drawings and use computer system programs such as Visio.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and /or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented, possess a high degree of initiative and work well under pressure.
• Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.