Production Supervisor Carilsle, Ohio
Job Ref: 36738
General description of role:
Provides coaching and Leadership to a team of hourly, Production and Maintenance team members across all shifts. This team will consist of approximately 20 team members per shift in a six day per week operation of four packaging lines, conveying equipment, as well as inventory management and maintenance functions. Additionally, this position ensures that the expanding case volume meets the quality expectations of the company, while improving bottom line results as to cost per case through department wide measurements that demonstrate continuous improvement in profitability margins, efficiencies and cost saving initiatives.
Most important results:
- Develop an understanding of equipment and machinery operations in order to serve as a resource to team members for preventive maintenance guidelines. Autonomous Maintenance and breakdowns.
- Participate and/or lead project teams that improve Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety through Total Productive Manufacturing principles (TPM).
- Serve as a training resource or coach for team members and team leaders regarding team member skills, Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activity, Focused Improvement (FI), Quality Management (QM), safety, sanitation programs, and plant process/flow.
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Focuses on creating an environment whereby each team member can achieve the goals set forth in Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) and Supply Chain Management, resulting in the highest customer/consumer values.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manages and leads hourly team members in varying levels of experience and education.
- Provide leadership and supervision for team.
- Effectively motivate, train and communicate with assigned team to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, sanitation, and quality.
- Ensure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Prepare and conduct daily team meetings as necessary for proper communication.
- Utilize the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead and gain involvement of team members.
- Routinely solicit feedback and provide coaching in supporting a culture which maximizes innovation, participation and rewards of team members.
Profile of job holder:
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering preferred)
- Must be available to work 3rd shift (Sunday through Thursday, with some Monday to Friday from 9:30 PM
- 2+ years experience in an automated plant environment
- Experience in mechanical troubleshooting in a packaging department
- 2+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing organization
- Must have a basic understanding of financial reporting and budgeting, including, but not limited to cullage, yields, and TE as well as Run Strategy and all conversation and deployment KPI's
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter, needing little or no direction
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, conflict management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated teambuilding skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds
- Ability to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays when required
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow complex written instructions.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Must be able to interact well with other employees.
- Must be a self starter and able to work without close supervision.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand different units of measure and record information.
- Good safety knowledge and safety record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- GED or high school diploma required
Competences and skills:
- 6 months of manufacturing experience preferred in the operation of highs-speed production machinery and monitoring of product quality
- Proven experience with best practices and quality, with a strong maintenance background
- Must be able to read and comprehend operating manuals and precisely follow oral and written instructions
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds consistently throughout an entire shift.
- Able to get along with others and work in a team environment
- Flexible for all shifts
- Forklift experience is a plus