Production Supervisor Ogden, Utah
Job Ref: 36729
Need a Supervisor for a grain elevator operation, they run grain elevators where they bring in different wheats and they blend them to make into flour, production – will schedule the right flour, must be a strong supervisor – the elevator side has 3 production guys (you'll only spend a couple of hours there in the morning) and the production side has 11 production people, you must have strong enough management skills where you won't be pushed around by your people, 60k-80k salary range DOE, degree not required, performance bonus based on previous year's EBITDA, it's been a 5-10% yearly average, last year's bonus was 9%. Food industry experience is preferred but will look at other industry experience.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and supervise warehouse and elevator personnel to ensure safety, optimum productivity and product quality. This includes, but is not limited to: safety, scheduling, capacity, quality, efficiency, process control, sanitation, maintenance, labor relations and conformity to customer product specifications and shipping requirements.
JOBS THAT REPORT TO THIS POSITION:
Leadman, Bulk Flour Loader, Bemis Packer, Bulk Feed Loader, Lift Truck Operator, Car Wash Utility Person, Car Cleaner and Warehouse Operator Relief, Elevator Scaleman, Elevator Blender, Elevator Grain Unloader.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure all daily production meets performance standards, product specifications and production schedules.
- Enforce company policies and procedures, general plant rules, safety rules, Good Housekeeping Standards, GMP's and HACCP Plan requirements.
- Assist in planning and maintaining all elevator equipment repairs.
- Maintain accurate records on elevator equipment to meet food safety standards.
- Conduct a monthly departmental unit meeting at which Safety, Production, Process Control, and Sanitation issues are reviewed and discussed. Function as the primary leader in promoting these programs within the department.
- Participate in the general plant inspection program: (a) plant inspections, (b) AIB & CFP FSS inspections, (c) customer audits, and (d) regulatory inspections.
- Responsible for an accurate elevator inventory and for the physical inventory of all grain, maintain sound physical condition of stored grain.
- Maintain inventory of supply items for elevator use, and reorder as needed.
- Direct and monitor the development of department personnel by overseeing and keeping records of training, job performance and discipline.
- Monitor crew's inspections of carrier's trucks and maintain the railcar fleet to meet food safety and customer requirements.