Plant Manager Oceanside, California
Job Ref: 36726
Responsibilities: of the Plant Manager
• Controls and effectively utilize the production capacity, manpower and equipment and outside resources through planning, organizing, and scheduling to minimize losses; work within the framework of the budget to optimize company profitability.
• Manufacture products that are safe for human consumption and meet the customer expectations via quality specification control measurements.
• Enforce compliance to company rules, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe and fair working environment for plant workers and visitors.
• Directly supervise and provide support to the daily activities of the manufacturing equipment and hourly employees.
• Ensure operation of manufacturing lines will meet performance standards for each work center and product
. • Critically monitor and review the daily line performance and make improvements or adjustments as needed.
• Provide an open working environment on each manufacturing work center that promotes development.
• Provide training for all personnel.
• Communicate effectively with line personnel and management.
• Hold line meetings/training classes as required.
• Maintain staffing to meet line standard staffing levels.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals for hourly employees.
• Ensure all daily manufacturing documents are completed daily and are accurate.
• Update operation manuals as changes occur (job descriptions, training checklists, equipment’s operations, cleaning procedures).
• Administer disciplinary action with approval form Human Resources to employees to have violated company rules, procedures, and policies or have poor performance.
• Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice standards.
• Maintain adequate supply of operational tools and supplies.
• Maintain skill level with company growth. Monitor day to day unit activities and resources across all shifts to meet and/or maintain safety, quality, cost, service and employee moral objectives
. • Assist in development of the unit budget and control of spending.
• Support continuous improvement operations.
• Provide leadership and physical presence across all shifts to achieve company objectives.
• Prepare reports for upper management.
• Provide an atmosphere conductive to the effective use teamwork to achieve objectives. Qualifications:
• 7+ years of experience in related industry experience supervising manufacturing/packaging lines. Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communications skills, both formal and informal.
• Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrate leadership experience.
• Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business, Food Technology, Manufacturing or related Benefits: • Professional Development
• Medical Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
• Holidays • Vacation • Life Insurance