https://www.macttn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/logo.png 60 100 https://www.macttn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Mac-1030x634.png 2021-10-08 00:00:002021-10-28 10:12:00Maintenance Manager
Maintenance Manager Modesto, California
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed
Maintenance Manager Modesto, California
Job Ref: 36722
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of production. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Review incoming work request, estimate labor and time required.
- Define what materials; resources are required for completion of work prior to scheduling work.
- Work with engineering and maintenance to spot any excesses or deficiencies in the equipment or the preventative maintenance systems.
- Work with engineering and maintenance to allow technical documents, drawing, critical spare parts, and instruction/task lists are accurate, updated and available. Maintains equipment information, such as drawings, spare parts listings, and equipment manuals.
- Maintain the CMMS System.
- Data input, analysis and reporting of information on causes for reliability and downtime issues.
- Support and implement the principles of Lean manufacturing by driving continuous improvement, and constantly evaluates productivity and the current staff to optimize production efficiency.
- Downtime Countermeasures – Track breakdowns, analyze root cause, and apply countermeasures. The goal is to increase mean time between failures (MTBF) and reduce mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Develop schedule of PM activities and track conformance to schedule – this includes lubrication program activities.
- Establish inventory standards and reorder points for parts needed to support PM program. Assist in budget preparation and adherence and tracking.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in plant and equipment reliability. Works with the Operations and Engineering groups to develop tactics to this end.
- Communicates maintenance problems with production and operations; minimizes downtime.
- Monitors maintenance log to ensure any potential equipment problems are repaired.
- Responsible for establishing procedures for tracking all maintenance work orders.
- Ensures all appropriate maintenance and repair logs are maintained.
- Produce work orders and work schedules for all maintenance shifts.
- Develop the priority list utilizing prioritization protocol with cross functional input.
- Work with operations to understand production schedules and ensure PM scheduling coincides with production needs, and that critical equipment is identified and prioritized properly.
- Work with operations, maintenance, and engineering to ensure that work requests are properly understood and scheduled to meet production’s needs.
- Produce requested reports using the CMMS maintenance software.
- Tracks completed dates, missed tasks and upcoming PM's.
- Has responsibility for the quality of the information contained in the PM database.
- Provide data for the development of an annual business plan and budgeting for department
- Ensure that department work methods are in line with the company’s standards and customer contracts
- Responsible for department costs to budget through effective manpower planning, scheduling and overtime usage
- Maintain an ongoing, positive and pro-active relationship with all internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with customer specifications, quality standards, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), safety, health, environmental and other regulations
- Participate in the scheduled operations briefing
- Strong communication skills to ensure both upstream and downstream information is timely and accurate.
- The Maintenance Planner creates a culture that promotes safety and equipment reliability as a top priority.
- Provides data and information for maintenance department to effectively coaching and mentoring process, as well as additional career and skill development activities to enhance the effectiveness and potential of the team.
- Coordinate training activities, as directed, for development, training and coaching of staff
- Participate and support company sponsored initiatives such as Safe Quality Food (SQF), HACCP, Production Systems, Employee Safety
Maintenance Planner Required Education and Experience:
- Prior experience managing or implementing a preventative maintenance program.
- Knowledge of Lean, 5s, Six Sigma or TPM philosophies.
- Strong analytic skills (statistical mind set).
- Strong MS Office skills with emphasis on spreadsheets and Database Management. Able to produce detailed reports, using MP2 and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years’ experience working in the Electro-mechanical machine repair area of a company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical degree or equivalent experience and education.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Values that align with the PLM culture: Respect, Teamwork, Openness, Ownership, Commitment, Integrity, Passion.
- This position requires that employees work Monday through Friday, including some Saturdays and Sundays. This position also carries with it 24/7 emergency availability.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.