Plant Engineer Modesto, California
Job Ref: 36721
The Plant Engineer will be responsible maintaining of the campus including grounds, buildings, equipment and assets. The Plant Engineer will need to assure compliance with all regulatory requirements, plant reliability, troubleshoot bottlenecks in operation, drive equipment design solutions to operating challenges, and lead continuous improvement programs for improved plant performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Performs and executes project management and engineering duties, including but not limited to equipment specification, design, construction, and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
2) Responsible for the efficient operation of all electrical, refrigeration and steam utilities to ensure that facilities and continue to operate within desired cost effective parameters.
3) Provide direction in all engineering/ mechanical systems, new installations, repairs, overhauls, modifications upgrade of all production and support equipment.
4) Responsible for development and execution of the capital project budget and plans. Executes and provides oversite of projects development and post approval project management.
5) Reviews and develops plants construction and engineering standards.
6) Identify research, recommend and design new equipment technologies.
7) Establishes standards and policies for regulatory compliance, testing, operating procedures, inspection and maintains plant equipment, assets and buildings.
8) Provides coaching and leadership to the Maintenance Planner/scheduler and Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
9) Maintains accurate and up to date technical drawings and documentation on all plants equipment, process systems and facility.
10) Utilize continuous improvement tools and lean tools to achieve KPI targets.
11) Other targets as assigned.
In performance of these duties Plant Engineer has the following responsibilities:
1) Principle contact and liaison between the maintenance team and operation, production and warehouse planning. They ensure the area, department or facility in which they are assigned receive professional engineering and maintenance service in a timely manner to ensure high equipment availability and performance.
2) Leads in the continuously improvement of the job estimate, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
Position Goals and Measures of Positive Performance
Performance of the Plant in meeting identified responsibilities is evaluated on the following measures:
1) Compliance on all applicable regulatory programs.
2) Improvement in Mean Time between Failures (MTBF). And Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
3) Relationship with operating and maintenance partners.
4) Meeting budgetary requirements.
5) Timely distribution of metrics and reports.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Selection Criteria
1) BS or MS in Engineering or Technical field
2) Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in Maintenance/Facility Management in a food processing manufacturing environment required.
3) Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
4) Working knowledge of Process Safety Management
5) Capital Project management experience
6) Good computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Excel, Access general application)
7) A good understanding of the statistical analysis of data
8) Exemplarily Communicator
9) Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
10) Strong Mechanical/electrical background is necessary. Refrigeration experiences a plus.
11) Should have good written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful.
12) Good organizational skills. Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
13) Demonstrated ability to write and provide simple and accurate instructions.
14) Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
15) Knowledge and understands TPM, the maintenance processes.
16) Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
• This position requires that employees work Monday through Friday, including some Saturdays and Sundays.
• Regular and Reliable Attendance