Production Supervisor/Shift Manager -3rd shift Santa Ana, California
Job Ref: 36720
The Shift Manager is responsible for all production related functions such as mixing, forming, baking and packaging. The Shift Manager supports and mentors employees to attain the company’s quality, GMP and safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare weekly schedule. Ensure all formulas are followed and that all lines start at their designated start time.
- Attain all production standards.
- Ensure all safety rules are followed.
- Eliminate material and packaging waste.
- Complete daily employee production schedule.
- Communicate with all departments.
- Assure all machinery is in safe working condition.
- Review and confirm employee hours are correct.
The Shift Manager supervises over the respective shift with direct reports (Production Supervisors) on its respective shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic math and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work with others in a professional and friendly manner
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.