Quality Assurance Supervisor Baltimore, Maryland
Job Ref: 36715
QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR OPENING IN BALTIMORE MARYLAND.
SALARY RANGE: 80-100K
MUST HAVE FOODS NOTHING ELSE
STRONG QUALITY BACKGROUND
AT LEAST 5 YEARS AS A SUPERVISOR
Job Description: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Responsible for aiding both the Philadelphia and the Baltimore facilities in preparing and successfully completing all third party audits. Designated the SQF practitioner for the Baltimore facility. Responsible for the review and communication of all internal and third party audit findings with management and company ownership. Oversees and approves corrective actions and formal responses.
Responsible for updating and creating HACCP programs, prerequisite programs, and crisis management programs to ensure compliance with federal regulations and customer requirements. Responsible for the validation and verification activities of the SQF system. Responsible for the Listeria and Allergen Control Programs.
Product Development (Baltimore):
Oversees new product development and works with company ownership to approve new products and improve current products. Ensures new ingredients, supplier changes, and direct contact item changes are documented on the Ingredient Packaging Supplier Change Form. Ensures the new product request form is used to document the development of new items created in Baltimore.
Oversees and implements all training programs ranging from basic GMPs to HACCP to SQF requirements.
Product Sample Control:
Member of the Product Management Group. All new sample requests are sent to the group. The samples must be documented and tracked. Must aid in the production of products to ensure deadlines are met and customers receive products requested.
Serves as the sanitation supervisor, creates the daily and less than daily sanitation schedules and ensures they are followed and documented. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and employee schedules.
Is a member of the Process Safety Management Team in Baltimore, The Crisis Communications Team in Philadelphia and Baltimore, and the Product Management Group.
• Bachelor’s Degree in animal science, food science, manufacturing engineering, microbiology, business administration or related fields.
• 5-7 years in a supervisory role in food manufacturing or related field.
• Ability to work with USDA inspector
• Ability to adapt to production schedule needs with short notice in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility with work schedule, including weekend shifts, when necessary
• SQF Certification preferred
• HACCP Certification preferred
• USDA Labeling experience
• In Plant Management
• Must be able to work in a safety sensitive position
• Prior experience in a high-volume premium meat operation.
• Prior experience in MS Office including Word and Excel
Working Conditions/Physical Environment:
• Due to refrigeration that is required for the products, the room temperature is maintained at a temperature between 28 degrees (F) and 34 degrees (F), therefore candidates must be able to work in this environment constantly throughout the shift (8+ hours per day).