Plant Manager Scotia, New York
Job Ref: 36712
PLANT MANAGER OPENING
SCOTIA NY FULL RELOCATION AVAILABLE
NO DISTRIBUTION OR WAREHOUSING ALL MANUFACTURING CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE WITH LEAN MANUFACTURING, CI, 5S EXP
PLANT MANAGER OPENING.
MUST HAVE A BACHELORS DEGREE AS WELL
140-160K SALARY RANGE
- Plan, organize, direct, and lead the day-to-day operations of the plant (to include production output, product quality and on-time shipping)
- Develop and set quarterly strategic and tactical plans and lead team through execution
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining high quality standards
- Allocate resources (people, equipment, and materials) effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Monitor operations 24/7 and trigger corrective actions
- Develop systems and processes that optimize plant operations, and personally champion making them “stick”
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Manufacturing and other plant/corporate resources on new products, equipment, and processes.
- Create a culture of trust and high performance among the workforce by role modeling values and leadership behaviors
- Develop processes and training plans to address gaps in safety, manufacturing, and maintenance programs
- Work closely with HR to recruit, onboard, train and retain high caliber employees (both at the front-line, technical and managerial staff)
- Partners with other functions (quality, sales, finance, purchasing) to tackle operational issues as well as longer-term projects (such as equipment improvements, acquisition integration, etc.)
- Foster a safe work environment, including practicing all the latest COVD-19 best practices
- Proactivity address employees’ issues as needed performance
- Production Management
- Maintenance Team
- Plant Engineering
- Production Scheduling
Desired Education and Experience
- Highly experienced ma3nufacturing leader with 7+ years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry
- BA/BS in Engineering, ideally Mechanical or Industrial
- Proven track record of running a successful manufacturing operation, in particular driving both short and long-term systemic improvement and operational performance (hitting the numbers).
- Understanding of project management, continuous improvement, lean and High Performing Teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning, change management and team development skills
- Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization
inspiring trust and confidence in others. Practices being an ideal team player (hungry, humble and
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
- Effectively leading change in a small business environment
- High level of self-determination and self-management (gets things done)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness
to do what it takes to get the job done
- Highly organized, ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty and stress.
- Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into positions of increased responsibility
Compensation and Location
- The position provides a competitive base salary, a performance-based bonus, and comprehensive benefits
- Minimal travel is required. Occasional work on the off shifts may be necessary.