Warehouse Manager Wilson, North Carolina
Job Ref: 36708
• Adhere to all health and safety policies/procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the warehouse or production areas.
• Responsible to adhere to food quality and food safety as per quality standards and/or Safe Quality Food requirements.
• Overseeing the loading and unloading of all inventory and product for the location.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of the warehouse and establish and maintain budget control.
• Development of the team and continuous improvement in the performance of all team members by setting clear and challenging goals and objectives.
• Maintain strong links with 3rd party suppliers through regular meetings and ensure that any issues are being addressed.
• Ensure that all stock issues are resolved and feedback to relevant managers on key performance indicators such as accuracy, performance, output and efficiency.
• Set the environment of the company by demonstrating our values, standards, and practices.
• Personnel responsibilities to include training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluation of all warehouse personnel, coordination of training activities, developing a team atmosphere, and monitoring all employees through performance appraisals, coaching, and discipline. • Manage stock destruction and aged stock removal process.
• Ensure warehouse personnel are responsible for duties such as good house-keeping, stock counts, and where appropriate movement of stock through use of pallet truck or fork lift truck.
• Establish priorities and direct loading workforce to satisfy customer demand.
• Plan and execute logistics needs with trucking firms to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of shipments, while minimizing overall freight costs.
• Review and resolve operational problems to minimize cost and prevent operational delays.
• Negotiate trucking contracts with relevant parties to ensure freight costs are competitive.
• Responsible for the security of the product and warehouse.
• Handle all damaged product orders and monitor status of returned products.
• Communicate with manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate materials are available to meet production requirements.
• Developing and implementing policies, procedures and SOPs to ensure consistent quality and operating efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with DOT and other safety regulatory agencies, as well as maintaining the material handling equipment, ensuring that all warehouse personnel are certified on equipment. Skills/Qualifications:
• Experience in Food/ Beverage Manufacturing preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Word, SAP and Power Point
• Proven Leadership experience in a Production environment
• Proven understanding and experience with financial processes including budgeting.
• Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop a team environment promoting internal growth.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Initiative, the ability to work independently, strong customer service orientation, strong written and verbal skills and flexibility, vision and creativity.
• High level of accountability, quality and innovation (strives for high performance, emphasizes problem prevention, develops ideas for improvement, document new processes, and ensures accuracy of information.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in an organized, detailed manner, given limited time frames. Education & Experience:
• Undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience) in Logistics or related field.
• Seven (7) plus years relevant work experience in warehouse logistics management Physical Requirements
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds.
• Must be able to push and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to continuously stand and/or walk for extended periods of time on concrete surface.
• Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, crouch, reach, climb and/or stoop throughout the shift as needed to successfully perform job duties.
• Successful completion of a post offer drug screen and background check required.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
• Bachelors or better Behaviors Preferred
• Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
• Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
• Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
• Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Motivations Preferred
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
• Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization