Maintenance Manager Battleboro, North Carolina
Job Ref: 36700
MAINTENANCE MANAGER OPENING BATTLEBORO, NC SMALL PLASTICS PLANT
14000 SQF PLANT ABOUT 50 EMPLOYEES AT THIS SITE . 100-110K WITH 10% BONUS FULL RELOCATION APPROVED
injection mold & Extrusion Blow Mold
Job Description: Maintenance Manager
Position Reports To: Plant Manager
This Position Has Direct Reports:
Supervises site maintenance team to achieve plant performance goals through effective problem resolution, labor utilization, repairs and continuous maintenance improvements
Primary Responsibilities (Task, Duties Performed and Essential Functions)
• Establish and lead plant safety objectives.
• Ensure compliance to all safety policies and procedures.
• Responsible for individual and team development and compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
• Establish and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, quality, high performance and process excellence
• Establish team and individual accountabilities for problem solving and cost reduction.
• Supervise and direct immediate repairs on equipment
• Ensure effective labor utilization within departments to allow for maximum return on labor investment.
• Supervise/manage direct reports (including decision-making for hiring, promotion, disciplinary action and discharge).
• Ensure coordination of planned down time with schedule
• Partner with Human Resources to ensure effective management of human capital.
• Maintain ISO compliant maintenance records.
• Assist with site regulatory compliance.
• Assist with budget development and spending control for department.
• Ensures effective Preventive Maintenance, 6s and TPM are developed and maintained.
• Assists with stockroom inventory management and cost control.
• Trains backup and others as designated in all tasks.
• ?Additional duties as assigned.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
? ?Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects or tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear, smell. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be required to climb up to 200 feet above ground level. The employee will frequently climb up to three levels above floor level.
? ?Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time; dust; heat; humidity, odors. The noise level in the work environment varies and hearing protection is required in some work areas. The employee is frequently exposed to hot surface areas and moving lift truck traffic.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field preferred.
Six Sigma Black or Green belt preferred
Professional certification preferred (CMRT or other relevant certification)
OSHA 30 hour certification
Certified or eligible to become certified CPR/First Aid/BBP
At least 10 years in Maintenance, Reliability or related field in a manufacturing environment and minimum 5 year direct supervisory experience.
Competencies (Technical, Business / Organizational, People / Behavioral)
1. Situational Leadership skills and strong personal accountability to achieve goals.
2. Develops the competency, confidence and leadership abilities of others through effective coaching and delegation.
3. Ability to be a change agent and drive results
4. Ability to empower and motivate people for involvement, cooperation and compliance.
5. Strong personal accountability to achieve goals and develops this in others through effective coaching and delegation.
6. Proactively develops plans for improvement and effectively communicates and sells those plans to others
7. Ability to deliver committed performance indicators. Initiates corrective action, anticipates issues, and develops contingency plans
8. Strong organizational and delegation skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
9. Considers and formulates new ways to exceed company objectives.
10. Inspires others to see and to help seize emerging opportunities for improvement and success.
11. Takes responsibility for actions, respects confidentiality, completes commitments on time, and uses data to support decisions
1. Proactively seeks and seizes opportunities to improve the company’s offerings and overall positioning.
2. Develops and refines strategic plans and action plans to achieve declared objectives.
3. Strong sense of urgency
• Effectively communicates / sells those plans to others, gathers and incorporates further input where appropriate and then implements action steps efficiently and prudently.
1. Self-motivated to improve processes and performance. Can adapt and reapply new ideas and methods to improve team/plant performance
2. Pursues training and development opportunities to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Challenges, coaches & aligns staff and extended interdepartmental networks in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
• Manages performance, talent and growth of teams.
• Effective communication skills, written and oral, including presentation skills, technical and program writing, and the ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees.
1. Balances team and individual responsibilities;
2. Recognizes accomplishments of other associates.
3. Offers constructive feedback and advice to fellow associates in a tactful manner.
4. Accepts and considers feedback and advice to enhance probability of desired outcomes.
5. Partners and works effectively across all functions and levels.
6. Works effectively with others to achieve performance goals
Oral & Written Communication
1. Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively. Responds well to questions. Employs active listening skills.
2. Demonstrates strong group presentation skills; Presents information, ideas, conclusions and abstract concepts concisely and effectively.
3. Can interface effectively with customers, vendors, contractors and senior leaders.
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and efficiently.
• Prioritizes and identifies causal connections, related issues and actionable alternatives.
• Applies practical criteria to decision alternatives in order to choose course of action.
• Considers and articulates implications for implementation.
1. Detailed knowledge of Berry Global and product technologies, data analysis skills, broad understanding of related technologies.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard office machines and computer software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
3. Knowledge of standard accepted troubleshooting, repair, reliability and effective planning & labor utilization strategies.
4. Working knowledge of manufacturing industry (plastics preferred).
5. Business understanding and teambuilding skills.
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. General understanding of basic physics, engineering, chemistry, math.
• Uses data and proven methods to analyze, troubleshoot, and develop solutions to problems.
1. Technical and working knowledge of Siemens VF and DC drives, PLCs (Siemens, AB), HMI, equipment network control technologies, and preventive and predictive maintenance techniques.
2. Knowledge and experience with the use of product and facility related costs and the ability to develop cost reduction.
3. Knowledge and experience with installation, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment, electrical distribution and complex control systems.
• Champions change initiatives as needed.
• Adapts to shifts in marketplace and to organizational change as required.
1. Ability to work outside normal business hours to include evenings, nights, and weekends.
2. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.