Maintenance Manager Owensboro, Kentucky
Job Ref: 36687
Title: Plant Maintenance Manager
The Plant Maintenance Manager is responsible for coordinating maintenance activities and initiatives such as: planning, budget control and attainment, stock room control, CMMS utilization, decrease equipment MTTR and increase MTBF, direct and control the efforts of staff to maintain equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient manner commensurate with good engineering practices. The manager is also responsible for identifying training opportunities, develop and execute plan to close gaps and enhance level of all staff.
As our Plant Maintenance Manager, one’s responsibilities are, however, not limited to, the following:
• Ensure the plant operations achieve highest efficiency, meet all departmental goals and KPI’s. Work with all department heads by assisting them with key identified operational issues that improve customer service, quality, safety, and cost controls. Successfully complete key assignments provided by the Plant Engineer in each departmental area to improve efficiencies. Lead efforts working with staff to ensure timelines are met & obstacles are eliminated prior proceeding. Provide leadership in identifying creative methods to resolve issues. Complete training for supervisors to improve leadership, technical skills & improve employee relations
• Drive continuous quality improvement efforts within all departments. Partner with QA to set high quality standards for all departments. Assist in testing QA procedures in all departments and evaluate current methods to see if the plant is in compliance. Be a leader in your department stressing the adherence to all QA policies with your supervisors. Enforce GMP’s and help lead the writing of SOP documentation in all departments. Develop vendor partnerships so you are capable of sharing improvement ideas with them regularly. Seek out changes in processes to improve quality in all products by working with all department heads
• Meet and exceed customer expectations through management of the Plant Maintenance department to achieve 95% operational uptime. Successfully support the product to the customer that meets quality standards and is delivered on time and within budget. Manage the stock room to ensure all parts are available to maintain uptime. Ensure all downtime is logged and checked for accuracy and develop solutions to reduce downtime based on supervisory input and data
• Support the safety program through ongoing preventive maintenance systems. Address safety related concerns quickly to eliminate hazards and reduce injuries. Lead the plant safety efforts in partnership with other departments. Ensure maintenance employees and all contractors adhere to all safety rules. Ensure all maintenance employees participate in required and recommended safety training programs as required. Ensures adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality, and Environmental Practices.
• Support the plant operations at Glenmore Distillery in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensure all employees are treated fairly and with respect. Create a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Create an environment that supports productive employee relations while maintaining compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
• Develop, oversee and supervise assigned projects and new installations as required. Create design plans and specifications for all documents/ contracts for new projects. Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime. Anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner while identify opportunities for improvement. Assist with the development, negotiation and management of contractor and consulting contracts, coordinating and scheduling work. Write, review and approve purchase orders. Write and cost justify CAR’s as assigned
• Consult with operations team on cost savings projects applying expertise to recommend new methodologies and equipment to ensure production efficiency, maximize output and prevent downtime. Manage departmental budget to ensure efficient and effective spend monthly and within budget. Assist with capital planning and strategic planning for the plant
• Conduct performance discussions with Plant Maintenance Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Plant Maintenance department. Evaluate, train and develop Plant Maintenance department employees. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Plant Engineer to improve a skill/competency leading to improved performance. Remain knowledgeable with new technology by attending trade shows, other plants and technical journals
• Develop knowledge of contract regulations. Support team reinforcing adherence. Maintain a smooth working relationship between company and employees. Assist with contract negotiations when required. Through personal example and direct management, create an environment that supports self-directed work teams and productive employee relations while maintaining adherence to the collective bargaining agreement
• Be a leader to keep a safe environment including and not limited to drive and keep teams accountability for organization, routine cleaning activities and 5S initiatives. Schedule and execute as required facilities audits in order to keep adequate conditions of all areas.
o Engineering or related degree
o Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
o Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
o Excellent oral & written communication skills
o Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
o Strong analytical and problem solving skills
o Strong planning and organizational skills
o Requires Organizational Development experience
o Requires Budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience.
o Requires Experience managing in a union environment
o 3 years hands on electrical experience, Allen Bradley PLC programming and hardware experience, equipment trouble shooting experience
o Requires Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry